Dirt bike conversion

Do you plan on fording rivers deeper than the intake?
No, idk what they are for and how they work but I was thinking about making some kind of ram air intake with air filter and velocity stack, I think it would increase performance without risking getting my engine bombarded by gravel, and I also heard that when people remove them from motorcycles they loose 5-10% power

No, idk what they are for and how they work but I was thinking about making some kind of ram air intake with air filter and velocity stack, I think it would increase performance without risking getting my engine bombarded by gravel, and I also heard that when people remove them from motorcycles they loose 5-10% power
Motorcycles are factory tuned for ram air intakes usually, or probably there are kits for them, but those engines are much larger than a little china girl, so ram air is going to have more effect on a bigger engine with more flow. You put a ram air intake on it, you’re going to need to tune the carb for the correct air fuel ratio. I’m not saying it’s impossible, just something to consider. There are other proven performance mods you can do that will be far easier with the proper tools and research.

Motorcycles are factory tuned for ram air intakes usually, or probably there are kits for them, but those engines are much larger than a little china girl, so ram air is going to have more effect on a bigger engine with more flow. You put a ram air intake on it, you’re going to need to tune the carb for the correct air fuel ratio. I’m not saying it’s impossible, just something to consider. There are other proven performance mods you can do that will be far easier with the proper tools and research.
Well I'm now planning intake part, 19mm delorto carb, for now g2 reed if I will upgrade it in future then to Stage6 oversized intake, but if I stay with g2 I will get rid of most air restrictions (sharp corners, not needed space, etc), I would also love to get velocity stack because I will also be playing with jets but whole idea of having my carb totally open scares me that it will suck in sand/gravel and my whole work would be for nothing so idk what to do, either I risk getting my engine destroyed way to soon or not to worry because filter will catch it

Well I'm now planning intake part, 19mm delorto carb, for now g2 reed if I will upgrade it in future then to Stage6 oversized intake, but if I stay with g2 I will get rid of most air restrictions (sharp corners, not needed space, etc), I would also love to get velocity stack because I will also be playing with jets but whole idea of having my carb totally open scares me that it will suck in sand/gravel and my whole work would be for nothing so idk what to do, either I risk getting my engine destroyed way to soon or not to worry because filter will catch it
I’d suggest researching what all of those modifications are going to accomplish before doing any of them. You shotgun it, you might get lucky and increase performance, but you’ll always be chasing the level you want to get to without knowing where you started or where you’re going, and nothing to measure or calculate by.

I’d suggest researching what all of those modifications are going to accomplish before doing any of them. You shotgun it, you might get lucky and increase performance, but you’ll always be chasing the level you want to get to without knowing where you started or where you’re going, and nothing to measure or calculate by.
I been getting as much knowledge on 2 strokes and mb as possible for last 2 years, I just don't know how I could combine velocity stack with filter to keep sand out

What about something like my Malus 2 stroke jack shaft 7 speed

Attachments

• xmqdTAmKR+Kvqde+h2XqMQ.jpg
    xmqdTAmKR+Kvqde+h2XqMQ.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 44
  • fullsizeoutput_eed.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_eed.jpeg
    696.6 KB · Views: 48
I would love to build a bike like that for minor off roading. What frame is that?
Mongoose Malus 26 inch big tire , 7 speed with disc brakes , there were a couple of variations --- Here are a few pics after I put some cut down Yamaha 250 fenders on it --- I have a build thread on this site ---

Attachments

• tt3nNpgPR6KIdTzshGnwmg.jpg
    tt3nNpgPR6KIdTzshGnwmg.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 33
  • MHV0HRgjR56BGYnoFO5KVA.jpg
    MHV0HRgjR56BGYnoFO5KVA.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 36
  • X96g6TmlQ7SzlfyUyA7qnA.jpg
    X96g6TmlQ7SzlfyUyA7qnA.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 43
Back