Drive ring question

very nice, andy'...i think my roommmate is gonna like that tank.

'nother benefit of this position is ready access to the pull start, it lets me politely pedal off from the grocers' & fire up as i hit the road.

I can't see the pics at work. I'll have to wait until I get home to take a look at them. Thanks for posting them though.
I saw the vertical mount after I installed mine and wished I had seen it before.
What do I need to do to install it like that? Any pics? I like the idea of being able to add extra gas because as it is, I have to put the back end up on a chair, hold the bike with one hand and fill it with the other. Not too easy to do alone.
What about the power pack? Can I still install it and have the pipe facing the right direction with the engine vertically mounted?

That a nice looking bike there. I looked at the Electra before I bought my Novara. You seem to have done a nice job building your bike.

As augidog says, you can rotate your engine to look like mine and that will help with the weight. You can also get more gas in the tank with it rotated.

Here are some pics of my build:

img3462q.jpg

img3461y.jpg

img3463t.jpg

i think it'd be great if folks could see some workable tank-options for their golden eagle...if you started a topic, i'd pitch in :)

i think it'd be great if folks could see some workable tank-options for their golden eagle...if you started a topic, i'd pitch in :)

I'll get it going later today if possible. The neat thing about this setup is that you don't need any extra holes in your stock tank.

Can you post them? I really need a bigger tank for my ride and I don;t want to punch any holes in my stock tank.

I have some pics of the tank mount I made up. It's simple and can be done with tin snips and a drill. If you are interested I'll start a thread and post the pics.

Back