Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be having the same issue. A 415 bike chain, purchased from my local motorized bike dealer.
View attachment 73317

I have a dremel and can grind the teeth down.

Do I grind them flat so it's shorter. Or at an angle to make it pointy.

And do I grind all teeth. Or just the one I'm having problems with?

Also how can I get the sprocket out so I can work on it?

Cheers
Kevin
put the dremmel away and buy the correct chain

you have the correct pitch chian the corect pitch sprocket but you have a rolling chain it will not fit i have been a mechanical maintenance engineer for 32 years you just need the right chain DID none rolling 415s take it out grease bag fit to bike job done £ 9.98 off ebay dont know in dollars

Thanks for the tip pghewins. Good to know. But I've already dremeled the sprocket lol. If/when this sprocket fails and needs to be replaced I'll be sure to follow your advice.

Anyways, had a lot of drama with chain breakers the last 2 days, but after being advised to buy the wrong chain breaker by the local bike shop was refused a refund for signs of being used. So I got 3 chainbreak tools now, lol, only 1 will suit my needs.
And after pushing my first rivet through, the pin got stuck in the bloody chain lol.
So after alot of fiddling around I got the pin back out, and ground it down with the dremel, before trying again. Success! :) I was able to add the 2 links I needed and close the chain with a masterlink.

Frostic, where did you get your tensioner? I love it.
The crappy one I have doesnt even go low enough for my chain. In the meantime I may need to add some more links.

often the drive sprocket is one that was stamped out flat rather than machined with pointy teeth - with a 415H chain, the rollers are a bit wider than regular 415 chain so one needs to file or grind the tips of the teeth a bit

I've seen folks get away with putting chain on REALLY tight and riding carefully until the chain stretches some, but I always grind the teeth when I get one of those sprockets.
Wow Crassius you will be hearing from me Ha!!!

Wow Crassius you will be hearing from me Ha!!!
Everything you have commented on the 2 stroke I am going through right now I was up all night with that damn thing now I got to pull off the gear and file down because like you said its stamped and I got a 415 chain and its more than likely gear for 410 I got it all ordered but how can I space it out a little for alighnment I know theres s**t you can order any ideas I need to bring gear out about a 16th

Everything you have commented on the 2 stroke I am going through right now I was up all night with that damn thing now I got to pull off the gear and file down because like you said its stamped and I got a 415 chain and its more than likely gear for 410 I got it all ordered but how can I space it out a little for alighnment I know theres sh*t you can order any ideas I need to bring gear out about a 16th
I just found this website today I build drift trikes well I hot rod them not bending frames or nothing when I learn how to get around a little better I will post some pics
put the dremmel away and buy the correct chain
You would think they would not send you a 415 H chain and a motor with a 410 gear In the same box everybody doesnt know that they must have got a deal on that chain

I just found this website today I build drift trikes well I hot rod them not bending frames or nothing when I learn how to get around a little better I will post some pics

You would think they would not send you a 415 H chain and a motor with a 410 gear In the same box everybody doesnt know that they must have got a deal on that chain
It tore my entire housing cover in half and snapped on my leg

Off to HD for a heavey duty spring because the China kits wont work without a spring loaded chain tensioner this b**ch has kicked my ass said to say no worries live and learn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back