End of the line for internal combustion engine and electric motorised bicycles in Australia

A motorised bicycle is not classed as a bicycle if:

• the motor is the primary source of power
  • the motor's power output exceeds 200 watts (whether or not the motor is operating).
These are considered to be motorcycles. The rider will be required to hold a motorcycle licence and have the vehicle registered before it can be used on the road network. Motorcycles cannot be ridden on footpaths or bicycle paths. Motorcycle riders must wear an approved motorcycle helmet...all you got to do is restrict the engine till it hits 200w then you're legal

all you got to do is restrict the engine till it hits 200w then you're legal

As i was saying, a functionally useful motorised bicycle as a reasonable alternative for effective transportation becomes a totally useless motorised bicycle; not worth a pinch of salt, when complying with the 200 watt regulation, and associated technical requirements, as previously detailed.

I agree that thay take anything good away from us .i hade a electric scooter that was 200w would rip out your hands on take off only up to 10kmh .and last 4o min .no way at all a help for serious transportation .best thing I have done is put a 49cc because 49cc is still legal . pocket bike engine on my bike with a flap in the muffler which when closed almost makes my bike stall but when open it straight out full power so when I get pulled over I can Close the flap and it runs silently and top speed of about 10 to 15 kmh . The cops can ride it and see and hear that it is nowhere near 200 W or even able to break 25 Kmh and let you go .till you turn the corner open the flap take off like a rocket and make your ears bleed lol ..flap runs on a cable I can adjust while riding . It beats having a slow bike just get a fast One and restricted it with adjustable restricters ....200watt I can walk faster then that the government is a joke

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 309
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 269
By the way have you seen the 49cc china girl engine kit on eBay in Australia that say they are 49cc and legal in Australia and have paperwork to say it is 200watt .???? Has anybody on here seen or heard of this. I bet they are not legal and it's just a gimmick to sell them.

Just suggestions based on what I've encountered different country similar laws brought in , I looked up old laws which are still written in law which supercede these newer laws spout those to the cop , recently the Eu passed a law about pedelec s it doesn't apply in any way to petrol assisted bikes and also older irish laws supercede newer European laws which would have to be enforced by some European police force .
I know different situations but I have been tried as a criminal here and won my case and still drive my bike even though the so called "law" says it's not allowed .NEVER GIVE UP!

I agree that thay take anything good away from us .i hade a electric scooter that was 200w would rip out your hands on take off only up to 10kmh .and last 4o min .no way at all a help for serious transportation .best thing I have done is put a 49cc because 49cc is still legal . pocket bike engine on my bike with a flap in the muffler which when closed almost makes my bike stall but when open it straight out full power so when I get pulled over I can Close the flap and it runs silently and top speed of about 10 to 15 kmh . The cops can ride it and see and hear that it is nowhere near 200 W or even able to break 25 Kmh and let you go .till you turn the corner open the flap take off like a rocket and make your ears bleed lol ..flap runs on a cable I can adjust while riding . It beats having a slow bike just get a fast One and restricted it with adjustable restricters ....200watt I can walk faster then that the government is a joke

i had the same idea but butterfly valve redirecting through longer pipe increasing bk preasure ( stelth mode ) hill climb when closed and top end screamer fully opened

Last edited:
There is no mention of "motorized bicycle" in the
ROAD SAFETY ACT 1986

Back