Engine too weak?

Ahmet

Local time
6:13 AM
Okay so me and my friend are currently breaking in our engines. But, i rode my firend's bike it is very strong it can quickly rev without problem when you open throttle a bit you feel power of 2 stroke. When i get back to my own bike i realised that it sucks. My friend opens throttle 50% i can't even catch him if i open 100% throttle.
I tried to tune my nt carburetor. Still nothing. I have changed my spark plug 5 times. It won't idle when it gets to working temperature. When it is cold everything is as they supposed to be like. It gets hotter gets weaker.

There is some detail:
When i have builded my bike i put so much oil with mistake. My cylinder and piston got dirty after that i started going with 32:1. But it was first week of bike when i did that.
My friend had a correct oil-gas ratio. His brother is a fan of speeding. He always opened full throttle on street always speeded. I never did.

So what did i do or what is wrong. My engine sucks and it is hard for me to afford another one in Turkey.

🤔

Last edited:
How much have you ridden with 32 to 1? Maybe your engine just isn't broke in yet. Maybe you can take a video of your bike running and post it here so we might hear what's going on. Do they smoke the same?

I rode it 3 weeks with 32:1 and still 32:1 and yes it is like 90km total. Not broken in yet.

Last edited:
1. can we get a picture of plug
2. can we get a video of engine running if possible (idle and rev)
3. picture of setup

and any other info helps, does it smoke the same like fog asked, does yours sound different, does it at anytime sound good then suddenly boggy or louder, any and all settle differences

Important note: We noticed that there is a leakage at spark plug.
Can that be a reason to low performance?

Engine running video <-click on this
IMG_20191026_211138.jpg
IMG_20191026_211038.jpg
IMG_20191026_203822.jpg
IMG_20191026_203811.jpg
IMG_20191026_203727.jpg
IMG_20191026_203714.jpg

Your plug is fouled as hell. I bet the lower end is full of oil. Could try to ride the hell out of it and hope for the best but you might be better off just taking the engine off taking it apart and cleaning it out with gas or diesel. It's probably so over lubricated it will never break in until you get that out.

Your plug is fouled as hell. I bet the lower end is full of oil. Could try to ride the hell out of it and hope for the best but you might be better off just taking the engine off taking it apart and cleaning it out with gas or diesel. It's probably so over lubricated it will never break in until you get that out.
Hey there is fuel leaking from spark plug. Can that be another reason?
I think there is air pressure leak when explosion is happening?
Maybe i need a new head?

There always should be a small amount of oil in the crankcase of a upright two cycle engine. Always, period.

If there isn't, you're not using enough oil to fuel to lubricate it.

You should never have to 'clean out' an otherwise running two stroke bottom end. They will automatically remove any over oiled condition by splashing the excess oil out by the action the connecting rod and flow of fuel air.

On my chainsaws I use 90# gear oil to "lock" the piston/cylinder when ever I need to service the auto clutch or work on the chain oiler. It sometimes leaves the bottom end with a couple tablespoons of gear oil in it, if I don't drain it carefully. It's never been a problem. I just invert the engine with the spark plug out and just pull it through rapidly with the pullrope starter for several minutes to expell most of the gear oil. It will run smokey for a about a few minutes when started again, but as long as I'm running the proper fuel to oil premix it doesn't hurt or reduce it's performance.

The issue Ahmet may be having could be as simple as needing to rejet the carb, or the engine Ahmet's friend is using is better built, or came off the machining with a better cylinder plating, or it's one of the one piece cylinders which have bigger ports and runs better than these anachronisms.

What I'm trying to say is there's a lot of variables with these engines, as there are no real manufacturing standards on these engine's top and bottom end construction. I was going to say: looking at his plug, it looks like he ran 16:1 premix for a very long time in that engine. I'd expect that the exhaust ports and muffler are pretty coked up too.

Last edited:
Unless you blueprint the engines ensuring that they both have identical squish, port timings, port widths, same balance to the cranks, same tolerances etc. then of course the engines will act different. It is rare to put these engines side by side (even from the same seller) with seemingly identical carbs, heads and exhausts (from the outside) and expect them to perform the same. There are many minute differences in each engine, if you want them to run roughly the same, you gotta make the insides identical (or as close as you can).

Unless you blueprint the engines ensuring that they both have identical squish, port timings, port widths, same balance to the cranks, same tolerances etc. then of course the engines will act different. It is rare to put these engines side by side (even from the same seller) with seemingly identical carbs, heads and exhausts (from the outside) and expect them to perform the same. There are many minute differences in each engine, if you want them to run roughly the same, you gotta make the insides identical (or as close as you can).
That's right. Cheap China Engines are messed up.

Back