Engine Won't Run... I havn't found an answer yet...

GearNut your symptoms sound identical to mine, even down to the...MB speaking now" lets see if I can thrown Josh over the handle bars when I lock up in mid ride.

Anyways, I will go and try to bend the float arms down a tad.

How do I blow the fuel out, I know there is going to be some build up because I have gas leaking out of the bottom of my muffler as well...

Thank you again everyone!!!

I removed the sparkplug, rolled the engine over untill the piston was at the bottom of the stroke, which is opening up the exhaust port and transfer ports in the cylinder, and removed the exhaust pipe. Then I used my air gun and carefully put it down the sparkplug hole and into one of the transfer ports. BE VERY carefull! You do not want to scratch anything in there!
I just held the air gun open untill the fuel spraying out of the exhaust and sparkplug hole stopped and held the air on another minute to be certain all was cleared out.

Always be sure to shut off your fuel while at rest. You could have an excessive amount of fuel sludge plugging up the exhaust. Also check to make sure the intake does not have a blockage from flashing. A kit i put on a guys bike would not rev and had flashing almost closing off the intake manifold. Might also want to cut some off the muffler pipe inside and check to see what slot carb setting is on..I cut mine off 1/4 up from bottom and put on 3rd slot and opened up the air cleaner lid...

You write of having "absolutely no bottom end". My engine has the same characteristic. It is not until I get the RPM up to over 3200 that it does not cough or sputter or act wimpy. Not until RPM exceeds 3200 or so that the engine actually puts out some pulling power. On a stock build, that equates to about 15 mph It does not start firing on every crankshaft cycle until RPMs are up and the engine is put under stress to pull harder.

MikeJ
760 miles and counting.

Last edited:
I must be lucky i havent had any problems with mine at all,it runs great,idles great and will go 34 mph with a 44 tooth sprocket. My buddy that i ride with i always have to do something to that thing when we ride lol...i took everything apart and either blue or red locktited it even carb stuff. Put a strip of shrink wrap on end of intake and no air leaks to carb. Only thing i noticed coming lose was the kickstand that i didnt locktite but now thats taken care of . I have over 378 miles so far (knock on wood) . Id open up the air cleaner lid with a die grinder or file so it looks like a frown face so air can come straigt in,and check your muffler inside to see if its not clogging up. If so clean it out, also clean your air cleaner and rejet the carb setting slot to 3 if you cut off inside muffler pipe tube...

Back