Fuel Mixture Ethanol/Alcohol as fuel

Sgt you have not checked the prices lately then....just a topend is $60 bare motors are $130 ...full kits are hitting over $180

man, i got my first kit in august of 2008 (49 c.c. slant head) for $89.00 with free shipping.
got my second kit in july of 2009 (66 c.c. slant head) for $119.00 with free shipping.
Bought another 80 c.c. slant head kit for my friend in december of 2010 and it was $125.00 with free shipping.
where are you guying these kits where they are over $180.00??

man, i got my first kit in august of 2008 (49 c.c. slant head) for $89.00 with free shipping.
got my second kit in july of 2009 (66 c.c. slant head) for $119.00 with free shipping.
Bought another 80 c.c. slant head kit for my friend in december of 2010 and it was $125.00 with free shipping.
where are you guying these kits where they are over $180.00??

ummm link included in post...
gasbike.net

ill do it im getting a new engine in 2 days and ill do it to the old one and keep you posted. its a rock solid with hi kms on it. ill see what oil will be best, any way i cant seem to kill this engine and it gets run pretty darm hard all week this should be fun
talk later :) @ headsmess i agree carbon is just a way of life nothing wrong with it. were possibly getting hit with a huge carbon tax soon it a load of #### in all honesty

Please keep us updated!

I think it's important that we know if our engines can run on ethanol or e85, because that would help bust the myths that our engines are bad for the environment.

Last edited:
The point is not to discuss if using alcohol is good or not for the environment because here in Brazil we can buy alcohol every single corner, and the kart 2stroke racers here uses it, and there is special formulated vegetable base oil to this use I was wondering to know how an HT engine would run if it was fueled with ethanol.

For those of you who are interested, I tried running E85 in my bike and it works! The only seal that couldn't hold up was the float bowl "gasket" on the carb, which I simply replaced with gasket material. The original one basically melted within minutes of contacting the ethanol.

I used ester-based 2-stroke synthetic racing oil. It runs surprisingly well! Since I haven't enlarged the jet, I have to fiddle a lot with the choke to get it to run properly and it doesn't idle. Maybe playing around with the needle setting will help. I got the engine running on the 4th setting, but maybe I should try upping it to 3 again and see if it runs better.

Otherwise, I have been running it for several miles and it seems to be working great! A little less power than normal, but I'm pretty impressed!

well i spoke to an engineer at mobil the other day and he said that a good synthetic oil should help, the fact is that in aus i can only seem to find a 10 percent ethanol blend fuel. so until i can get a higher percentage blend im not worrying about it for now. BUT i can get av gas which i run in my drift car sometimes and that stuff rocks. any thoughts on that in a two stoke application?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAgbWRCEtHA

I saw a happytime user on Youtube who was running E85 lubricated with Marvel Mystery Oil, in a cold weather environment. He said it ran sorry until he used arubber hose to lengthen the intake manifold to about 10 inches, then it ran just fine. I'm not sure why he used Marvel Mystery Oil but apparently it worked for him. I have used it as an additive in my bike (10% ethanol gas and 40:1 2 cycle oil) but not sure if it did anything special. It's supposed to lessen friction and cut deposits.

Last edited:
I saw that video, and I tried to contact him but he still hasn't replied. However my little china girl is running really well on the E85. The jet is now drilled out with a #67 drill bit(15% larger) and the slide needle is at the 3rd position. Now I no longer need the choke and it seems to run pretty much the same as when I used gasoline. If there's any power loss, it's minute. The fuel is so clean that I can't tell if the mix is too rich/lean just by looking at the spark plug alone; I have been using a new plug and there's no gunk on it at all. All I can see on it is thermal wear. I haven't needed to change the length of the intake manifold at all.

Here's the oil I've been using:
439-REDLINE-2-STROKE-RACING-OIL-middle.jpg

It's Red Line 2-stroke Racing Oil. It's an ester based oil made for 2 stroke engines, and so far it seems to work great. It smells sorta fishy in the bottle but you can't even smell it once it's been mixed into the fuel. It was $9 at a cycle shop in my town. You probably won't find it at any other kind of store. Just to reiterate, normal synthetic oil doesn't work. Amsoil also makes ester based 2-stroke oil.

My favorite advantage of using ethanol so far is the exhaust smell. After getting off my bike when I used gasoline, I smelled terrible! My girlfriend said she could smell the acrid smell from inside her car. The E85 and the synthetic oil actually leave a mild sweet smell!

I don't know what's in Marvel Mystery Oil, but I might check it out.

What is the deficiency of normal 2 stroke oil when used with E85? Is it too thin? Does it seperate? What about normal 30 weight oil?

Apparently Marvel has a very strong solvent made of sap/oil from wintergreen trees.

Makes sense, it's probably got diesel byproducts (waxes or oils) or some kind of petroleum oil, and the solvent to clean out engine deposits as the product is sold for.

http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content?topic=39758.0;imode
Story about a hospital that had a large supply of wintergreen oil, which students used as acid to burn things for a pastime.

Chemical information and order service for 55 gallon drums of wintergreen oil from China http://www.tradezz.com/buy_5296997_Wintergreen-oil.htm

Last edited:
Back