Exhaust comparison

Whitewill1412

Local time
3:37 AM
I'm looking for opinions on a couple different exhausts for my 66cc China girl. I'm just looking for maybe a little added performance, but I also don't want it to sound like a dirt bike. I'd like to keep it pretty quiet.

I remembered to insert the links this time!!!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I'm looking for opinions on a couple different exhausts for my 66cc China girl. I'm just looking for maybe a little added performance, but I also don't want it to sound like a dirt bike. I'd like to keep it pretty quiet.

I'm seeing it for half the price on bicycle-engines.com own site...They are an Ebay Partner so the price difference may account for the fact that when Ebay says "Free Shipping", the shipping cost may be included in the Ebay price as it is shipped directly from B-E.com anyways.

Call B-E.com directly at this phone number
  • (406) 586-5970
to see if the $29.99 price they are charging along with the shipping cost from them is any less than the Ebay price.

This is the one I would definitely go for since this is the one I am running myself.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If you aren't looking for a full expansion chamber (can also combine with a muffler) then the Phantom style exhaust is your best bet. It flows more than the standard mufflers while maintaining reasonable sound levels. Some sort of muffler clamp or support is a good idea as the Phantom muffler is heavy enough it can cause some problems. There was a good recent post about muffler supports that can help provide a good solution.

The first one you linked may provide a little extra power, but I can't speak to how loud it is. It will definitely need some kind of bracket made or you will likely run into issues with broken exhaust bolts or cracks in the pipe from stress.

A third option is the flexible "poo poo" exhausts. People that have run them have pretty much all stated that they do offer a small increase in power over the stock mufflers. They are also not all that loud either.

The standard MZ65 clone pipes with the long header tubes are an ok match to these engines and do provide decent power. They need to be combined with a muffler in order to keep them from being very loud though.

I guess I'm leaning towards the phantom one right now. I don't know about the poo poo. Some say it's a waste of money, but they are probably expecting great power increases. My bike goes pretty quick already. I'd just like to make it breath a little better. I did just order the jrl carb too.

I remanufactured #1 to be a pretty good pipe for my off road bike.

Quiet and good performance.

If you aren't looking for a full expansion chamber (can also combine with a muffler) then the Phantom style exhaust is your best bet. It flows more than the standard mufflers while maintaining reasonable sound levels. Some sort of muffler clamp or support is a good idea as the Phantom muffler is heavy enough it can cause some problems. There was a good recent post about muffler supports that can help provide a good solution.

The first one you linked may provide a little extra power, but I can't speak to how loud it is. It will definitely need some kind of bracket made or you will likely run into issues with broken exhaust bolts or cracks in the pipe from stress.

A third option is the flexible "poo poo" exhausts. People that have run them have pretty much all stated that they do offer a small increase in power over the stock mufflers. They are also not all that loud either.

The standard MZ65 clone pipes with the long header tubes are an ok match to these engines and do provide decent power. They need to be combined with a muffler in order to keep them from being very loud though.

That's only because they didn't want to say it did nothing and was a total waste on money. I redid one of those before too, it was a nice little noise maker.

full

That's only because they didn't want to say it did nothing and was a total waste on money. I redid one of those before too, it was a nice little noise maker.

full
That's a nice modification job. I don't have the tools or skills to do all that. I wonder how it is in original form. Does your pipe make it perform better in low end or high end or both?

full
I never said they were any good lol. They seem to always have some sort of leak or other issue. Just tossing out options really.

My top 2 picks for cheap-ish and simple are the phantom style or an mz65 clone with a separate muffler added.

I never said they were any good lol. They seem to always have some sort of leak or other issue. Just tossing out options really.

My top 2 picks for cheap-ish and simple are the phantom style or an mz65 clone with a separate muffler added.
I was sarcastically mocking the clowns of claim. I tried one that I got for free, then I welded a bunch on it, did nothing for it.

That's a nice modification job. I don't have the tools or skills to do all that. I wonder how it is in original form. Does your pipe make it perform better in low end or high end or both?
Helps the low end more but good through out the range. One needed mod that it needs is the stinger, the one on it is too fat and it needs a narrower pipe.. Here it looks like some bowels, but the stinger is more suited.
full

Back