EZM update

i got the bike right around x-mas time and i live in Canada so rite now i have only about three hours of ride time on the bike, so far no issues at all ! this is my first 4-stroke bike and with this drive system all belts no chains it is super smooth and whisper quiet. i would say with my limited time with this bike i tell you guys it is a great way to go.

Just a quick update,

Belt wear at 1500 miles, ZERO, NONE, LOOKS NEW.

When the correctly made drive pulley is used the belt looks like it will last for a very, very, very, long time!

Have fun,

Attachments

• Mvc-160f.jpg
    Mvc-160f.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 360
  • Mvc-156f.jpg
    Mvc-156f.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 323
Quentin,

Thank you for sending the upgraded parts to Neil in Anaheim. I have not put on the parts yet. I'm still going to run the current setup I have until something goes wrong. So far so good though. I Have got about 150 miles on current setup with no signs of wear or tear. I know that doesn't sound like a lot of miles but those are hard miles up hills and riding max speed (35 - 38 mph). Total miles on the EZM Q-Matic is about 450.

I am in no way trying to bag on EZM's products. Your company is doing a lot more with these 4 strokes than I've seen anybody else do. I think this gearbox is great. Just had some minor issues in the beginning with the belt. With motorized bikes there are so many variables that could cause something to go wrong. I am very pleased with the way my bike is performing lately. Very reliable and full of power.

On another note. I was reading in the product development section and stumbled across the 12v system you are developing (eventually). This is a GREAT idea and I think a lot of people are waiting for something like this. Including me.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Kline's Kustoms,

I am sure your current setup will work for a long time, however have Neil upgrade to the later system when possible because of the increased power transfer rate and a slight ratio change.

Have fun,

Hi Ghostrider,

Sure am thrilled you approve!

He didn't engineer his own fix, we asked his dealer to install a new pulley [under warranty] to solve the issue.

The problem was caused by billet pulleys cut with the wrong angle and "pinched" the bottom of the belt. To date only 3 drives were involved and all the rest are working as designed. Only drives with serial numbers starting with 4XXXXXXX used the billet pulleys, all others used the "Congress" brand.

Have fun,

....He didn't engineer his own fix, we asked his dealer to install a new pulley [under warranty] to solve the issue.

The problem was caused by billet pulleys cut with the wrong angle and "pinched" the bottom of the belt. To date only 3 drives were involved and all the rest are working as designed. Only drives with serial numbers starting with 4XXXXXXX used the billet pulleys, all others used the "Congress" brand.

Have fun,

He did engineer his own fix:

I replaced the pulley with my own stock. Could you send the Congress pulley to along with the other replacement parts? Thank you.

He hasn't installed the new parts yet because he found one that works. You even said that his current setup will last a long time, but recommend the "upgrade".

Don't you guys QC the parts you get from third party suppliers? And if they were CNC machined, shouldn't ALL of them be defective?

As far as belt life goes, I've got drive belts under the hood of my car that have gone near one hundred thousand miles transferring more power under harsher conditions than an EZM belt will ever see. I would expect that after a few thousand miles in a bicycle drive a belt should look like new.

Hi Ghostrider,

The dealer informed us that he installed a "congress" pulley from an earlier EZM kit and the pulley we sent was a replacement to the dealer.

Not sure why changing a defective pulley is considered engineering a fix.

The billet pulleys were shipped in 2 different shipments and simply added to the existing supply.

It isn't possible to test every single part prior to shipping without raising the cost, and then all the tested parts would then be considered used.

Of the THOUSANDS of parts we have shipped only 3 had issues, and once identified as the problem it was quickly corrected. Check around and see if any other motorbike company can say the same.

Have fun,

Back