Feeling impatient without right tools

Nahom

Local time
1:56 AM
I really need a way to get the gears znd sprocket off without a clutch puller fast- surely I cannot be doomed just because I don't have this one rare tool? Every day I see the bike lie there unfinished and sad I get more ants in my pants- please someone surely knows a way without this coveted tool? I'd like to get it working this week...
Who will save a life?

I really need a way to get the gears znd sprocket off without a clutch puller fast- surely I cannot be doomed just because I don't have this one rare tool? Every day I see the bike lie there unfinished and sad I get more ants in my pants- please someone surely knows a way without this coveted tool? I'd like to get it working this week...
Who will save a life?

What's the hurry?

you can just pry it off with a screwdriver but it's a huge pain in the ass to do it that way

What's the hurry?

Its almost the start of the holidays for me soon at uni or "college" as you guys would call it- I want to work for the company deliveroo and I really don't want to have to cycle. I used to own a motorbike but it was stolen :(

like butre says you can pry it off its just a lot more effort than using the puller , I removed drive sprocket with a wedge of wood a flat piece of steel and a lump hammer before but it took about 40mins compared to about 1 min using the puller.

like butre says you can pry it off its just a lot more effort than using the puller , I removed drive sprocket with a wedge of wood a flat piece of steel and a lump hammer before but it took about 40mins compared to about 1 min using the puller.

I'm desperately looking for ones in UK shops designed for 50cc mopeds and I want to find the right size. What are the crucial measurements I need? I have the dimensions of the chinese clutch puller shown in pics
clutch measurements 1.jpg
clutch measurements 2.jpg

But how do I tell if it matches the measurements shown for this for example:
http://www.racing-planet.co.uk/clut...-vespa-primavera-p-175525-1.html#.WDXlGPmLSM8
For the moped puller in the link it says m26x1 right hand thread- what does this mean please?
Or in this one https://www.beedspeed.com/tool-flyw...-p-247.html?osCsid=rcjt22le2b9k57r08h6n11amj3
22x1.5
Also what is the size of the chinese clutch puller in the form of a mm x b mm

Last edited:
Without seeing what exactly your pulling it's hard to say exactly. You could try 2 wood wedges on each side under the sprocket, just like door holders. Then tapping on the center shaft with a brass, hard plastic hammer. If the sprocket moves out on the shaft keep up the pressure using the wood wedges as it moves.We're talking tapping here no smashing. Some lubricant spray won't hurt.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back