Finally got it dialed-in

Finally got my 100cc (79cc) Predator clone kit done! Put on 35 miles over the last few weeks. Got it to 45mph (still has governor). Rides smooth, reliable, sounds good! Sounds like a little 4-stroke pit bike. Had to buy a replacement carb and install new clutch, and adjust valve lash. Pretty happy with it now. Gets lots of attention, especially pulling up to the gas station and pumping gas right into it! Appreciate everyone who helped with good advice.

Attachments

• IMG_4950.jpeg
    IMG_4950.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_4934.jpeg
    IMG_4934.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_4927.jpeg
    IMG_4927.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_5060.jpeg
    IMG_5060.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 485
It could very well be it just looks way different then a predator gov. I took the one out along with oil sensor which is a very easy job but it still doesn't rev as high as I think it should.
I don't have gears though just a clutch on the motor and a sprocket on the wheel

It could very well be it just looks way different then a predator gov. I took the one out along with oil sensor which is a very easy job but it still doesn't rev as high as I think it should.
I don't have gears though just a clutch on the motor and a sprocket on the wheel
Yeah, the kit says it revs to 3,600rpm and it sounds like that’s all it does. This motor I think is either a rebranded predator 79cc or a clone motor. It does run good, but makes a decent “tick” sound. All the videos I have seen of this motor or clones sound the same, and the oil looks pretty good when I change it, so not too worried. Decided to just turn the music up and enjoy it! Lol!

Bought her new 2005 complete Factory Production bike, Yes they can be built from a kit too
I upgraded, changed or modified everything and made her bullet proof

Ya never heard of Whizzer, It's an American Classic
Never heard of Whizzer. Thanks for the history link. It’s super cool, love that it’s a 4-stroke flat head engine. Bet it sounds good and turns lots of heads, with people not sure what they are looking at!

Yeah, the kit says it revs to 3,600rpm and it sounds like that’s all it does. This motor I think is either a rebranded predator 79cc or a clone motor. It does run good, but makes a decent “tick” sound. All the videos I have seen of this motor or clones sound the same, and the oil looks pretty good when I change it, so not too worried. Decided to just turn the music up and enjoy it! Lol!
Clone engines are a copy of a Honda engine. If it doesn't have Honda on the side, it's a clone. Any other brand, Box Stock, B&S, Kohler, etc. are clones.

Never heard of Whizzer. Thanks for the history link. It’s super cool, love that it’s a 4-stroke flat head engine. Bet it sounds good and turns lots of heads, with people not sure what they are looking at!

When it's parked some ask if it's electric
I laugh and say "yep, when I start the engine it makes electricity for spark and lights" Then they give me the confused look :LOL:

When I'm at a car show and have parked my bike, Sometimes I'll pretend it's not mine. It's interesting what people say

As some people have asked you, is it made by Harley Davidson, I often get asked if my Whizzer is a Harley
I say "No that's a Hardly" :LOL:

I laugh and say "yep, when I start the engine it makes electricity for spark and lights" Then they give me the confused look :LOL:

When I'm at a car show and have parked my bike, Sometimes I'll pretend it's not mine. It's interesting what people say

As some people have asked you, is it made by Harley Davidson, I often get asked if my Whizzer is a Harley
Id call my old mini bike a "hardly Davidson"
20230603_124949.jpg

At least it's not a Huffy Davidson...lol.
Shots fired 😆

Well, yours at least looks plausible that it could be made by Harley!

Back