fish tailing down the road

THE MAD HATTER

Local time
5:28 AM
what a bad day I had the other day (last Thursday) went to a Dental appointment & found out they couldn't see me until the 24th of Feb. Because I was exposed to covid -19 . I also I had an eye appointment 1-1/2 hr later because I had went to them two weeks before & they messed up my eyeglass perception. so I went back to have my eyes retested . anyway I left the doctors office & going down the road @ 15-16 mph trying to get to 20 mph all of the sodden my drive chain jams up & I start fish tailing down the road to what seems 1/4 mile I m putting on this CNC Springer Chain Tensioner . https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C8G8N2D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 does anyone have experince with this type of Chain Tensioner ?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
MGSM  1.jpg

Looks sweet man! If you're not having any clearance issues you shouldn't have to use a tensioner. One of your sprockets might be bad, built non concentric.

Looks sweet man! If you're not having any clearance issues you shouldn't have to use a tensioner. One of your sprockets might be bad, built non concentric.
ya think you, I built it my self & with parts & laber from an local bike shop for repairs I have around 2k in it , & I have clearance issues ,the chain tension on the drive chain interferes with the back disc brake, If I get the chain tight the brake rotor rubs on top of brake caliper . & the back drive sprocket is non-concentric. I tried filing down between the teeth ,but not much improvement & chain tends to jump on the ten tooth sprocket, I read some where that you can file the edges of the ten tooth sprocket, but with out a spare sprocket laying around I don't feel confident in doing so, I had this chain tensioner on it before61iapcHrp-L._AC_UL480_QL65_.jpg & I have 2-axleTugs on it now, and had them on it before chain tensioner too. I've had the chain jam at lest once before ! can't use a smaller brake rotor because the back sprocket would be the same size as the brake rotor. then the brake caliper would interfere with the back sprocket ! I had rim brakes on it before ,But I like disc brakes better , for this bike at lest . I have a chain tensioner on the bike chain side , because when I was running -axle Tugs only I couldn't get both chains the same. I guess now that I'm using disc brakes I'll have go back to an chain tensioner !

Thats a strange angle on your fuel filter, Do you have problems with it collecting air -- especially when riding on bumpy roads and then bike losses power

Thats a strange angle on your fuel filter, Do you have problems with it collecting air -- especially when riding on bumpy roads and then bike losses power
No not that i know of , the bike has a new fuel filter on it & is about 1/2 full of gas now with the fuel off, and I've seen it full a few times with the gas on. I had a guy from a bike shop that used to work on motorized bikes work on it over a year ago ,& he drilled out the vent in the gas cap! And the fuel valve is not the cheapo' kind that comes in the kits . Its a 1/4 turn ball valve from Ace Hardware

Back