fish tailing down the road

I would cut the fuel line so that your fuel filter is vertical and not horizontal like it is in your picture

I would cut the fuel line so that your fuel filter is vertical and not horizontal like it is in your picture
I would like to! But cant the air filter gets in the way ,there is not a lot of space between fuel valve & the barb on the carb. I could hing it vertical but it would stick out past the carb. & I'm afraid it would catch on something ! I had a bike shop that use too specialize in gas bikes work on it and They re placed the fuel filter & fuel line, & they ran the new fuel line the same way and didn't say anything about it! besides the whole system is gravity fed ! when the gas is on the filter is filled with gas Any air trapped in the fuel filter would be displaced by fuel during the warmup & the pressure of the fuel in the tank would produce good fuel flow, I never had a problem with weak fuel flow & actually had flooded the carb a few times .

Last edited:
what a bad day I had the other day (last Thursday) went to a Dental appointment & found out they couldn't see me until the 24th of Feb. Because I was exposed to covid -19 . I also I had an eye appointment 1-1/2 hr later because I had went to them two weeks before & they messed up my eyeglass perception. so I went back to have my eyes retested . anyway I left the doctors office & going down the road @ 15-16 mph trying to get to 20 mph all of the sodden my drive chain jams up & I start fish tailing down the road to what seems 1/4 mile I m putting on this CNC Springer Chain Tensioner . https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C8G8N2D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 does anyone have experince with this type of Chain Tensioner ?
I didn't like it because it sandwiches between , or under your stock drive gear cover , I used the arm and jockey wheel but , I bolted it on a plate that goes on top of existing cover , worked well

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
If you're having chain issues; have you taken a straight-edge to check the alignment of the sprockets?
It's not a chain/sprocket alignment issue! its a disc brake rotor rubbing on the top of the brake caliper issue & a brake caliper to 48 tooth sprocket clearance issue!

Nice Build!! Are you using a disc brake hub to mount the rear sprocket or are you using a sprocket adapter or just the stock rag joint set up? Are you using a 410 or 415 chain? It looks like it the engine and rear sprockets line up good enough. The stock chain tensioner should work, Remember that there should be some slack in the chain.

Nice Build!! Are you using a disc brake hub to mount the rear sprocket or are you using a sprocket adapter or just the stock rag joint set up? Are you using a 410 or 415 chain? It looks like it the engine and rear sprockets line up good enough. The stock chain tensioner should work, Remember that there should be some slack in the chain.
I'm using a disc brake hub & 415 chain

(1) Check the chain for bad links, these Chinese chains are not the greatest, make sure all the chain links move properly.
(2) Make sure the chain isn't hitting the tire
(3) Make sure the engine sprocket and rear sprocket are aligned reasonably close
(4) If you use the chain tensioner, you might have to bend it a little bit so that when you attach it to the frame the tensioner wheel lines up directly under the chain.
(5) Chain should have a good amount of slack, the tighter the chain is, the more perfectly aligned the sprockets must be or it will jump the sprocket.

Back