florida

As usual you confuse the issue,you seem to have a highly developed talent for that.The question is NOT what the local constabulary,elects to do,but what they COULD legally do to an unlicensed MB rider.
Good for you that in Charlotte county everything seems to be hunkidory,but if in Flagler county where my condo happens to be they may decide that I am operating an unlicensed MOPED,what if any recourse do I have there,because the DMV refuses to license it,except to pay a fine,and then write a letter of complaint to the DMV?,who will of course relegate it to the circular file.What if you make longer trips.Florida seems to be an extraordinarily balkanized State,perhaps not surprising considering the goings on in recent elections.

Most states' municipalities have specific laws only specific to them.
You HAVE to check your specific town/county/whatever. We have to find out what municipality the OP is from, and then make an informed statement.

EDIT***

Looked up and they say nothing about Moped registration/tags in either his home town (Brooksville) nor in the County (Hernando). So I would tell the OP to talk to a lawyer now and find out what he thinks and come here and tell us.

I have tried to look for information about tags for Gas Powered Bikes... couldn't find anything.. I would suggest that the OP also call the local DMV/HSMV and ask them about it as well...

OP....Anything yet?

Last edited:
man let me clear my problem up here.as far as florida being terrible thats not so.ive been riding my bike rack mount 23cc for over 2 years.never had a problem.the other day im sitting at a ligght and i see a trooper doing a u turn.well he pulled me over.he said it has to be taged but i cant tag it because its a bike.he didnt give me a ticket just said next time he would arrest me.since then ive talked to a county sheriff and another trooper.i pedaled up to both of them.i showed them some papers regarding statue 316.003 and they agreed i was aloud to ride it.ive been to the court house twice and have been turned away empty handed.they camt even give me a reason as o why i cant get it reg.the lady up there tryed to say when they wrote the defenition of a moped they were talking about manufactured mopeds but cant give me anything saying that.i went to my dmv and the sent me to the court house.i did call another dmv and the guy i talked to said yeah you can do that but i never got his name.http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9657&d=1217537826 now my problm is iwant to get mine registered like this guy did but i cant.

man let me clear my problem up here.as far as florida being terrible thats not so.ive been riding my bike rack mount 23cc for over 2 years.never had a problem.the other day im sitting at a ligght and i see a trooper doing a u turn.well he pulled me over.he said it has to be taged but i cant tag it because its a bike.he didnt give me a ticket just said next time he would arrest me.since then ive talked to a county sheriff and another trooper.i pedaled up to both of them.i showed them some papers regarding statue 316.003 and they agreed i was aloud to ride it.ive been to the court house twice and have been turned away empty handed.they camt even give me a reason as o why i cant get it reg.the lady up there tryed to say when they wrote the defenition of a moped they were talking about manufactured mopeds but cant give me anything saying that.i went to my dmv and the sent me to the court house.i did call another dmv and the guy i talked to said yeah you can do that but i never got his name.http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9657&d=1217537826 now my problm is iwant to get mine registered like this guy did but i cant.

Given what you've stated, there's not much you can do about it.

If the DMV, your local court, a Sheriff and a trooper, all said, not to worry about it, then don't.

You (of course) WILL get dikhead cops, but the only thing you can do with them, is be SUPER nice and try to explain to them what you've done to check on the legality of your (non-reg) bike and how it is not supposed to be registered. If they DO take your bike, you'll have to go to court, and if THAT happens, then you'll want to make the court's PA understand the laws.

Frank.

P.S. You will probably not be able to ever get it registered. In the other thread, one poster has stated, that there are people in Tallahasse aware that a couple of people have gotten their bikes state registered, and that they weren't neccessarily happy about it, that's about the long and short of it.

Okay, I'm just getting ready to start building my motorized bike. It is going to be a retro-mobile cruiser (look like an old Indian motorcycle) if I can get it all together. I'm looking at putting a 66cc engine on it and riding it around. I have my motorcycle license (have for years). If I am to understand this correctly, I am allowed to ride this in bike lanes and paths AS LONG AS I AM ONLY pedaling it, no engine power. But, likewise, I can also then pull onto a state, county or municipal road and fire it up and travel with the flow of traffic? So long as I abide by all the laws. Well, (and maybe this is the main discussion of this thread, I'm still not sure) Would I need to register it and if so, register it as WHAT? Any clarification would be appreciated. Sorry for the lack of knowledge, I'm a noob. Thanks!

Lake County Florida WILL put a person directly in jail for not having a vehicle registered. I had an Isuzu p/u project, got it running, took it 'round the block, went to jail!

Back