Local time
2:57 AM
Hey guys thanks for all of your help.

I wanted to ask about the first fluid fill and other lubes

What I was going to do is

Bar and chain oil for bottom end
Honda hp2 2 stroke oil ( if I can find it
I was thinking 91 octane? What's everyone's thoughts on octane ratings

My buddy tye other day told me about a clear 2 stroke pre mixed that's specific for breaking in a 2 stroke. He said it's ready to go without mixing and it helps seating everything without running double your amount of oil so when you do open it up everything is still very clean but lubed up and free from carbon

Has anyone used a clear 2 stroke engine break in fuel or any type of break in guel- whether mixed with gas or not

And I have a heavy Napa brand bearing or axle grease or Idk which one it's called. Does the brand of grease matter and are there weight numbers like oil? I'd like to slather a few bearings with it atleast

Any grease is better than no grease But Red N Tacky is a great grease for your M/B It's an all purpose grease #2 with high pressure additives (y)
Put some on the gears behind the side cover, not too much to cause fling off or it will get on the clutch.

Also mix your gas in a gas can not the tank, Yes 2 stroke oil and 91 octane
I'm a 4 stroke guy so another member will chime in shortly with a 2 stroke oil suggestion for ya also some suggestions of a few more spots that should be greased regular

What oil for the bottom end though? Like for the crankshaft - usually for small engines I use bar and chain oil/ lube- what would you guys recommend?

What oil for the bottom end though? Like for the crankshaft - usually for small engines I use bar and chain oil/ lube- what would you guys recommend?
Im just a little confused here...Exactly how do you figure that your going to put oil in the "bottom end" "like for the crankshaft"...Your motor is a 2 stroke, isn't it ???

Im just a little confused here...Exactly how do you figure that your going to put oil in the "bottom end" "like for the crankshaft"...Your motor is a 2 stroke, isn't it ???

IF New Member has gotta oil fill hole and a dip stick on his 2 stroke crankcase he'll be the first :ROFLMAO:

Oil just gets mixed in with the fuel.
40:1 to 32:1 ratio is optimal. It seems 32:1 is good for break in and then after you can move down to 40:1.

The oil in the fuel goes through the crankcase and between the piston rings and cylinder, lubricating everything. 87 octane works fine too or whatever is available.

Every snall 2 stroke I've run required oil for the bottom end .. CR KX YZ RM - they have the signt glass to check levels... And I'm almost positive that oil scavenges from crank down into trans

Every snall 2 stroke I've run required oil for the bottom end .. CR KX YZ RM - they have the signt glass to check levels... And I'm almost positive that oil scavenges from crank down into trans
You must be thinking about a Transmission Gear Oil sight glass. These CG 2 strokes don't have that

Back