Fred Head Questions

Yeti the cage bearing at 12.5 mm in length is too short you want 15mm to take up as much space as possible between the piston's shoulder's.

Yeti the cage bearing at 12.5 mm in length is too short you want 15mm to take up as much space as possible between the piston's shoulder's.
I looked a lot for the 15mm one but I couldn't find it anywhere. 12.5mm is stock size. But I'll look again. If you can find a link, send it to me, thanks. Or at least something to help me find it like brand, website, or whatever.

Last edited:
Ok, I found it on exclusively on a few european websites. I had to play with different key words.This is the only one out of them that ships to the U.S and might have it in stock. I requested availability, but they won't get back to me till early tomorrow morning cuz its 11pm in europe right now.
Heavy tuned

It's $40 including shipping though 🙁. I could get 3 or 4 Wiseco 10x14x12.5mm bearings for that price.

Last edited:
100 octane is OK for my Whizzer. I have a cast iron cyl with cast iron valve seats I want AV 100 or AV LL100 for the lead content more than I'm after the 100 Octane
Valve seat recession isn't as bad as you think, the rest of the engine is probably going to fall apart before you'll see any VSR. If you can measure it, then you need new seats and stainless seats won'r recede. Most likely, if any, it'll be on the exhaust side. I have an old iron block and head in my spitty, and haven't seen any yet and it's been rebuilt once.

Should I chamfer the transfers like how the stock cylinder came? Chamfer the right edge and chamfer the bottom edge (to the right and down is the intake). Should I chamfer the other edges of the transfers slightly?

Valve seat recession isn't as bad as you think, the rest of the engine is probably going to fall apart before you'll see any VSR. If you can measure it, then you need new seats and stainless seats won'r recede. Most likely, if any, it'll be on the exhaust side. I have an old iron block and head in my spitty, and haven't seen any yet and it's been rebuilt once.
The valve seats are integral. So I still have the option of installing valve seats at a future date. (only on the Exhaust) cause I have been measuring VSR. I also have 2 extra Cast Iron cylinders
I just like to try and do things perfect when it come to what my engines like.
I've always used oil with Zinc and now I'm gonna use gas with lead. The two minerals that have been removed.
It really ain't a big deal, But since leaded gas is hard to get, I want some. Just for my Whizzer

You would be surprised the Whizzer bottom end is real beefy. I just needed to shim the crank end to specs
But that's a whole another story. Of how to make it bullet proof

Last edited:
Back