IMG_1320.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 439
And some more pictures let me now what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_1323.jpg
    IMG_1323.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_1326.jpg
    IMG_1326.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
the governor has been removed clutch gear is 10 tooth to 14 tooth jackshaft then 10 tooth to 36 tooth drive wheel sprocket.I will post more pics of the hook up at seat post. and finished bike later.

Attachments

• IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_1327.jpg
    IMG_1327.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 405
Back on the road again

My pusher is working out good with the new engine H.F. 2.5 h.p. lots of power.the mods i have done are removed governor, changed exhaust it has a 1 inch straight pipe sounds deep but not to loud.changed to a screen for the air filter cover, I have put about 100 mile on the bike now and i like it alot, dont know what the top speed is yet i have had the bike up to 44.5 on a wide open road dont want to get pinched by the Man if ya know what i mean.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1337.jpg
    IMG_1337.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_1338.jpg
    IMG_1338.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 441
Looks great West! Great Job! I have both 6.5 and 2.5 motors but have yet to build my trailer. How is that shock working for the trailer? is it actually helping the bounce at the rear? Do you fill like your hitch mount should be double sheard or does it feel pretty solid?

If you were to do it over, what changes would you make?

Thanks for taking the time to post pics and keep us updated. I have 2 trucks which both guzzle gas. I have wanted to build my trailer for a long time now but always get sidetracked. What is the lonest commute you have done so far on the 2.5?

You know you could get your bike registered as a moped and get a license plate. I would have a 50cc sticker made and slap that on the engine fan case just in case you ever get questioned.

Last edited:
Hey, looks good. I tried about the same thing using a Honda Aero 50 scooter drive train. In my case I can't consider it a success.....the engine ate a ring after about a week. :cry: Didn't think it was possible to break a Honda before that. The CVT drive was nice though......and very quiet. In my case, weight was a little much. Do you find that the "trailer drives the bike"?

Also noticed your bike...another goose. :D If those are BMX bars, that's what I did too. They are some tough bikes. Seem to work great for MB conversions.

Rgvkid thanks for looking, the shock is working the trick is to get another spring that is limp lots of movment I have not experienced any hop on this project.

look at the attachment's close up's of my bracket,the first is no way,second not welded not strong enough yet, third & fourth welded and strong.It has side to side movment and as for the up and down movment I would have liked the suspention on the bike to take care of that, but after riding it now for awhile I think I should have spent the money on materials needed for the other kind that I have seen made on here.

I will do it over agian sometime soon and the change that I would do is the hitch up point, I try not to speed any money on my projects,work with the materials on hand.

I ride mine around town on short 5 mile trips,the other day was a longer ride just over an hour long I rode up the coast on P.C.H. about 15 miles stopped,let the engine cool down then road back home,got it up to 44.5 at one point but cruised the trip at 30 m.p.h.

I do have a plate on the bike pusher over here in H.B. the cops eye-ball you real close and you better follow the rules of the road around here,and I have had them follow me.

And everytime I take it out lots of people just think it's off the wall.Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_1360.jpg
    IMG_1360.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 424
Ibdennyak,
This set up seems to work well,heavy enough to keep all that power on the ground trailer is about 60 pounds and yes it "drives the bike" but in a good way I have total control, You can lean harder in the corners.

With the striaght bars i was over the bars so to speak,and with the BMX bar's puts me upright in a better riding position.

now if i had that other floating type hitch with up & down and side to side would I have the same control ? would it hop?

Thanks for looking.

Don't know about the hop. I had 3 different pushers and they didn't *hop*, but I used the axle mount *bob trailer* hitch. By the way...I have a 250# suspension spring from a 20 inch boys bike that I'm not using for anything. Bout the *limpest* spring I've seen so far. Yours for postage if you want it.

Other than the lack of full articulation, I kind of admired your mount ingenuity. I did build a 2 wheel trailer for a tadpole using a swivel from a 1/2 inch drive socket set for the articulation. It worked well. The reason I went with that is I broke a seat post with a more rigid mount and ended up sitting on the tire. Interesting coming down a hill with a 200# trailer and little diesel chasing you. :eek:

Glad to hear your trailer handles as well as it does. On my Honda setup,I had a large plastic tote enclosing the engine and providing cargo area. It wasn't a *beast* to handle, but you knew it was there. I tend to get a little carried away with turning bicycles into trucks anyway I guess. :devilish: Should put that one back together....got a new piston, just need to bore the jug to fit..

Anyways, carry on, and if you want to try my spring just send me a PM.

Denny

Back