fun with police

http://www.gadgets-reviews.com/index.php?page=post&id=574
The next time a cop stops you, just pull a pair of these motorized ROLLER SKATES out of your backpack and roar off into the sunset at 15 miles an hour. One charge takes you 7 miles and no pedaling. I can see the new laws now. Only one shoe can have a motor. In snow you must have 4wd. Adults must have child supervision. A felony if you do not remove when going through a Japanese house. Forums will have separate catagorys for Toe, Ankle or Instep mounted motors (another job for Augie). Charging stations at every street corner. Forum members will have miniature milk crates to hide the 2cc diesel engines (yet to be invented). etc.etc.

Wow, if that happened in the city of Scottsdale, Arizona, you may have been on your face, handcuffed.

OK, Kenspice, That one got me rolling on the floor laughing. ROFL
Scott, maybe just a picture of your bike in front of the police station would be cool.
Then place an ad in the local paper with your own caption under it. A nice one!
Doc

gas and electric bicycles

what is it about gas and electric bicycles? if a real spaceship flu up with real martians-and a powered bicycle pulled up also-people would flock to the bicycle!! Elvis has entered the building-when i bring my electric bike to a flea market-it causes congestion-I love it

I had a biker check me out on my way home yesterday, and he gave me a thumbs up as he pulled away... I caught up with him at a light, so we had a chat.

As for police, I've not yet had a direct encounter, but I've ridden past/near five or six without incident. I don't know if they 1. assume it's a moped; 2. assume it's a bicycle and don't notice the engine; 3. assume it's a vintage motorcycle; or 4. KNOW it's a legal MB... (here in WI, we just need a DL and to keep it under 30 mph. Otherwise by law it's a "bicycle" according to the DOT.)

So far I haven't had a problem with cops.

One cop car did pull out infront of me when he shouldn't have. I almost hit him, but it worked out.

I had a lancaster city bicycle cop trail me the other day. He was resting outside a convience store and must've saw me pull in and kill the 2 stroker. When I left the store I noticed him standing by his bike. I just started the engine and pulled off into the street.

I then had to make a phone call so I killed the engine and merged onto the sidewalk pedaling slowly while talking on the phone. When I hung up I pull started the engine while pedaling and looked backwards to make sure the street was clear of traffic. When I looked back I realized he was tailing me.

Anyway I motored off at 20+ mph and didn't see him again. I think he was just curious about the kit. Not sure if he had any beef...

That is awesome! We need to make the police more aware that we are NOT outlaw bikers, simply people whom like the idea of getting from point a to point b while getting 100 to 250 MPG! My bike has five strobe lights, a headlight and as of tonight, dual hand brakes with a single pull lever, brake light switch, brake lights, turn signals, and an electronic horn. I also wear my helmet everywhere so I'm probably not only safer than the "regular" bike riders but also the cops themselves! I drive courteously and defensively. So, what's so criminal about that? Ps. Does anyone know where I can pick up a safety flag? Haven't been able to find one anywhwere!

Back