Gas Bikes vs. Electric Bikes: Pros and Cons List (2021)

ONE of each?
Yes I need an E Bike too (y) I want to ride that Fat tire E Bike where my Whizzer can't. Thru anything and over anything trail and off trail
Here is a pic of my Whizzer M/B I've had her 16 years and she's got over 39,000 miles on her. Top Speed is 50+MPH

Attachments

• DSCF3705.JPG
    DSCF3705.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCF3708.JPG
    DSCF3708.JPG
    355.3 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF3704.JPG
    DSCF3704.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF9343.JPG
    DSCF9343.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF9346.JPG
    DSCF9346.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 137
Yes I need an E Bike too (y) I want to ride that Fat tire E Bike where my Whizzer can't. Thru anything and over anything trail and off trail
Here is a pic of my Whizzer M/B I've had her 16 years and she's got over 39,000 miles on her. Top Speed is 50+MPH
LOVE that Bike!

Cool, for you (y) I'll be getting my first Fat Tire E Bike the "RadRover 5" soon and I'm looking forward to it.
A M/B and an E Bike both ave their own unique differences and places to ride. That's why I need one of each :D
I think one type of bike is not better than the other. Their both Fun to Ride
Wrench... you NAILED it. Each has their purpose, because neither is perfect. My E-bike (A $200 Hub-Motor Kit on a $100 Mountain Bike with a $220 battery pack) is awesome, until it starts getting doggy 5 miles later. Chalk that up to my budget battery pack. If the pack performed as advertised, I would get about 10 miles before it starts getting doggy, but that's the problem with e-bikes- you REALLY need to pay through the nose for a battery pack you can have confidence in. Can't wait until the day that problem gets fixed.

Gasoline is way better trust me. If that is not enough for you than let me tell you something, Electric bikes have so little that they can barely go up a hill while gas can with ease, there way faster, and one more thing every time you recharge your battery life it holds a little less. So get a gas bike
LOL! Despite the 13 year time difference, I have both, an ebike and a gasser. The gasser is on a Mongoose Dolemite frame while the electric is a Mid-drive on a Kugel Rainier 7 speed. Off the line, my Kugel dusts EVERY gasser, whether they're 2-stroke or 4 and by the time I'm up in 7th, the lead opens up to many car lengths. That is just the nature of DC electrics.
DC motors are all torque, all the time. This little 1000W Bafang Mid Driver makes roughly 150Nm of Torque! To put that into perspective, that's 110 Ft-lbs of torque, OR, the peak torque of a 2020 Honda Fit (See here: https://www.bing.com/search?q=2021+...ANNTH1&refig=5a9fe8359c694bbc80f42a34d74a59b6), and with the best Predator 212, peak torque is a measily 8 ft-lbs! 8!?

Plus, when it comes to hills, I drop it down to first gear, 46t front and 26t rear, and can power up the Manayunk Wall while gasser's are being pushed, and 2-strokes are being carried!
Pros and cons aside, I get about 20 miles on a charge with my 13ah battery, considering my bulk (6'3"-390#), but I can fast charge the battery in 4 hours. I have a 99ah battery coming from China, which will extend the range to well over 60 miles, and I just found a crack in the Dolemite's frame at the bottom bracket, so the 79cc Predator that drives it will be moved to a pusher trailer instead. A true 3 point hybrid (Pedal, E, gas).

I think I'll call it the Pont-E-Ack! Tri-Power....

Best thing about ebikes is they're legal and no one will mess with you. Cops won't care how many watts the motor is, as long as your not doing stupid stuff.
AMEN, Brother. Plus, they're easy as S_%T to build, (if it's a hubmotor...!) . I mean, it's a Self-Contained Drivetrain, for Gosh sakes. If a person has the $, they could get a 26" bike, throw two hubmotors and a beefy battery pack, and have a hot-rod..... and if they're discreet on how they go about their business on the streets, the Police wouldn't give 'em a second look.

If they ever solve the battery/$$$ issue, it would be... an amazing... thing... (tearing up- sorry) :LOL:

Batteries for sale sfbay area only. Prices starting at $460/kwh for 3-4kwh batteries with a minimum of 2kwh. Use li-nmc pouches. Not some B Bassett p**sy sh*t aka 15mph. Continuous discharge rates in the 150-200a range

72v 60ah 2.75” thick 26” long scooter pack shown, this one is good for 180a continuous discharge, 60a cont charge, ~450a peak discharge. The scooter that this is going on does 0-60 in ~7s with a 150lb rider and tops out at 70mph. Going to find out if it heats up at 40 amps charge within 2-3mo
Good to contact you or not?

Electric bikes are not necessarily slower,yo.
There's one here I seen a while back that can hit 50 mph.
I like Gas because at the pumps when I fill up my 4 stroke people are amazed that I only need one dollar.
My 2 stroke is loud but my 4 stroke is pretty darn quiet.
Definitely, you got your 50mph,70mph and you got those (diys)that tap out at 120mph.but(if your spending 2k or less)your most likely getting 20mph.

Back