GEBE 10 Ga Wheel/Broken Spokes?

I already told him to keep the engine, and sell it on ebay. I really didn't want it, but he would not separate and sell the GEBE kit without the Tanaka 32cc purefire engine. So I wouldn't mind having an extra engine laying around if I could get it for $340. Also would come with an extra drive belt and an extra hwy. gear. Just wondering if the transference of his GEBE 105 gauage rim to a new one from GEBE would compromise the drive ring that would come with the kit. Thanks

I think the sheave will be fine going from 12g/12g. If the guy damaged it during removal that's a different story. I would get another sheave personally so I knew it was right. And if it did fail "god forbid" GEBE would replace it I'm sure, they stand by there products.

Got the 105g 12 guage wheel from GEBE with the drive ring installed. Does anyone know if they use glue to glue it to the rim? It looks like there is a substance dripping down the spokes that has hardened. Thanks

I already said they use some kind of adhesive. If there's lots of excess I'd take a razor blade to it and clean it off the spokes. Balance at high rpm on a 26" wheel is very important.

Guys, a 10g spoke can break just as easily as a 14g spoke. It's all about spoke tension. No matter how thick the spoke, if it goes through countless "Tight Loose Tight Loose cycles, it will break, usually at the J-Bend. Think of what happens when you start bending a coat hanger back and forth. It takes a while, but it will break.

Back