Ghost's full suspension build

Starting on my new full suspension dirt bike build and thought I would document and share my progress. The bike is a late `90's GT LTS-2 that my buddy found for me. $100 is not a bad deal in my opinion.

Attachments

• GT LTS-2.jpg
    GT LTS-2.jpg
    805 KB · Views: 4,292
Snaking refers to the joints of the rear suspension flexing making the rear fish tail a little. Not noticeable in the dirt and barely perceptible on the pavement.

Your video was awesome! They say a picture is worth a thousand words, sooo your video speaks 10 trillion?!
You have built a very nice bike indeed!

Ghost:

That was a really silky ride you had there on your video. Great work! It appears the dampening is just about right for that track and your weight. I did not see any additional bouncing or anything and it looked as though it went where you wanted it to. This is great! I am glad I watched your video.

Bill

hi i was wondering if you had any problems mounting the jackshaft plate on the left side of the motor where your left foot would be. on the cover that covers the engine gear? i noticed on my cover it slants down in all 3 places where the bolts would go?

Thanks all for the great feedback. Can't wait to start on Pablo's. We just scored him a frame and we will see if we can put one of our 4 stroke shift kits in it.

Snaking refers to the joints of the rear suspension flexing making the rear fish tail a little. Not noticeable in the dirt and barely perceptible on the pavement.

i wonder if you changed to a smoother tire if that wouldn't go away,.... i recentlt rode a '78 yamaha lb80 chappy that had really wide factory knobbys and @35 it would start to get squirley , and a friend suggested a change in the tires, don't know if it'd worked as i don't own that bike... just a thought

Well it is supposed to be an off-road bike and it is not noticeable in the dirt so it isn't a problem.

Not built for speed, built for torque and acceleration. I am using the 9 tooth on the jackshaft instead of the standard 10 tooth and have the pipe long for torque. It accelerates very quick and does excellent wheelies. It still tops out at just under 35mph. Top speed is not very useful when trail riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back