Giant Suede build.

My first build was an unknown brand and size motor on a Walmart Thruster frame basket case. I learned a lot doing a total rebuild on it.

While building and running the first bike, I had been eying my Giant Suede forward pedal bike. My wife and I bought a pair several years ago. I ordered a 66/80 Flying Horse kit from BikeBerry.

What I got was a BBR 66/80cc ported racing engine. Damn. That's a nice upgrade.

Due to the downtube being stretched forward with the crank being forward, I had to use a CNC mount on the back of the motor. Final angle came out good.

The shock fork and seat makes this an easy riding bike. A set of Planet Bike fenders gives it a finished look.
20200903_100852_copy_1280x720.jpg

20200904_205017_copy_1280x720.jpg

20200906_171257_copy_1280x720.jpg

20200906_171321_copy_1280x720.jpg

This cdhpower super pk80 has been giving me fits.
First, shipping damage. The head had a couple bent and cracked fins. I had it running pretty good with that head.
2 days later a replacement motor arrived. I swapped the heads and magneto coils, as the original coil had one of the stacked plates come loose.

Second, I could not get it to run right. I knew it was a vacuum leak but played hell finding it. I finally swapped in another NT carb and it started up. All I did was swap the head and it refused to run.

The weather is getting colder so I'll have to try taking it out for a ride tomorrow.

These dumb stupid bikes were invented to frustrate us.

Took it for a couple mile ride today. I'm using a 38t sprocket, so it stumbles at low speed. Once it gets up a bit in rpm it pulls nicely. I'll lift the needle a notch and see what it does.

Back