Good price- Want a Honda GXH50 for your 4 stroke kit?

Small Engine Warehouse has the Honda GXH50 back in stock at the incrediable price of $210.00 without the gas tank. And this time they have 233 of them available. http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com...+Horizontal+5+8+x+1+1+4+Shaft+Muffler+no+tank
I think this is one of the best deals going on this engine, if you don't need the tank.

ocscully

Thanks Oscully, which of the 2 Honda GXH engines has the right shaft size to fit the Grubee kit from those guys in Bozeman Montana? I've ordered the kit and now I want the engine to replace the Chinese engine that comes with the kit.

Thanks

Its the GXH50 QHA then. It's a great price even though they have told me the Shipping is $175.95 by Fedex International Economy.
That makes it US $386 about Aus$405 which is less than the price here $550 approx.
P.S. how do I get the drive sprocket off the HT 70cc motor? I need to replace a faulty one. How do I undo the nut when the sprocket wheel turns with it? Will the sprocket slip off easily when the nut comes off? Is it a reverse thread nut?
Any help for me on this one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its the GXH50 QHA then. It's a great price even though they have told me the Shipping is $175.95 by Fedex International Economy.
That makes it US $386 about Aus$405 which is less than the price here $550 approx.
P.S. how do I get the drive sprocket off the HT 70cc motor? I need to replace a faulty one. How do I undo the nut when the sprocket wheel turns with it? Will the sprocket slip off easily when the nut comes off? Is it a reverse thread nut?
Use your sprocket removal tool suppled with your kit(small,round,threaded tool)....the deluxe kits have this tool...the cheaper kits don't.This tool is also reversed to remove the small gear on the right hand side of the engine.
It's VERY IMPORTANT to take out the "bucking bar"(small metal dowell) FIRST....the ball bearing behind it can be left there.
Make sure the sprocket can't spin by either wedging a piece of wood or leave the chain on and undo the retaining nut(counter clockwise)
Screw your tool in place FUALLY and hold it in place with a 22mm spanner,now put a smaller 14mm spanner on the tool and screw clockwise all the way in.
Your countershaft sprocket will now come off.When your putting the sprocket back on the spline and doing-up that retaining nut make sure it's TIGHT(not silly tight)....check it a few times.

If you need this kit shipped to austalia than you got this kit in australia's ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290248542314

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
QUOTE]
Have to laugh at this now cos US$386 is now Aus$590.48 which means it's cheaper to buy a Honda here. There's a joke in all this cos our banks haven't been going bust yet our dollar isn't worth the paper it's printed on overseas.
I think the fall in commodity prices affects our currency because after 220 years we are still just a big quarry.

has anyone tried to use the gxh50 with 1 5/8th shaft??? for the guys who have the 1 1/4" shaft is there enough clearance on the end of the shaft for 3/8"?? or will it hit the cover on the other side?

grez

has anyone tried to use the gxh50 with 1 5/8th shaft??? for the guys who have the 1 1/4" shaft is there enough clearance on the end of the shaft for 3/8"?? or will it hit the cover on the other side?

grez

All my engines have the 1 5/8" shaft length - that is the Honda and the HS\Hoot & HS\Grubee. A 1 1/4" shaft would be too short I am almost sure for the clutch & bell & gear & flange. The gearbox is made to fit a 1 5/8" shaft although the shaft length is actually a bit longer than this probably because both engines are built in countries using metric measurement (39.5 x 15.8mm).

IF your talking about the Grubee GB it fits both QHA/QXA....i'm assuming the new 7-hole Grubee fits both but we'll have to wait & see.

thanks....scared me for a second there....thought i ordered the wrong one....a bit confused there.....i went to grubee site and looked at the engine build plans and calculated metric to inches...the numbers didnt work right for me....maybe it was my math.....but its good to know that the gxh50qha is the right one.

i ordered both gearbox and engine yesterday....they said it would get here by next thursday.....i hope.......and i hope again its in one piece.

grez

Back