GT80 ported cylinder

B

Bryan Tremblay

Has anyone ever had one or installed them on a 66cc , saw them at gasbikes. I am interested, but want some feedback on how they work, how to install.

Hi Brian,
Confession: I have never bought or used one of Gasbike's cylinders, I have only seen Gasbike's pictures and pictures posted by owner's who have purchased them. Gasbike claims 4hp with a reed valve, special cylinder head, and the ported cylinder, which is about double the stock power output. for about double the stock price. This is a very low price to pay for the work and the parts they put into this motor. This is balanced with some chatter about problems with customer service, so if you have problems, you may be on your own.

My path to power was to start with the stock engine, then to modify one part at a time, then test to see if it was an improvement or not.
I started with the head, gave it squish area that matched the piston shape.
I replaced the black catalytic muffler with the chrome $20 free flowing replacement.
Ported the intake and exhaust port windows into the cylinder 2mm wider each side.
Replaced the filter with a better "velocity stack" design (made out of a soda bottle) and free flowing foam.
Set the squish at 0.030", and jetted the engine to perfection, for more than double the original horsepower.
Total cost? $20 for the muffler and about another $20 for gaskets and misc supplies.
It is that easy...

Has anyone ever had one or installed them on a 66cc , saw them at gasbikes. I am interested, but want some feedback on how they work, how to install.

I currently own a gt80 for two years and haven't had any issues, as for a stock bottom end , I think it is port matched for the cylinder.

I purchased the GT80 kit at the begging of last season. And for gasbike it actually wasnt a bad kit. They are right about customer service, your on your own, so buyer beware. The bottom end is stock. So if you know anything about building these beyond the basics. I highly recommend, before assembly, ripping the bottom end a part and checking the balance of the crank, maybe grease up the bearings, dremeling any rough edges, and dremeling all 4 bearing holes. Also dont be afraid to do some port matching too! The sad part about these motors is they have a s**t load of potential, but you have to know how to really get it out. I, myself, had nothing but problems with the 3 bolt sprocket holder. Upgrade to mag/alum wheels, and disc brakes ( worth every penny!) Secondly, now that they have it buy the carb jetty kit for 25ish bucks. Has everything for tuning perfection. Next, you can find on ebay a supercharged stator coil with double grounding and thicker wiring. Way nicer, hotter spark. Upgrade the CDI, at the very least the super charged on gasjoke, err bike i mean. But your better off with a jaguar, if you can find one, or a rocket cdi from ebay. This engine got some balls so it dont matter where you get it from, but definitely replace the stock "butter" screws, and mounting bolts. Also I highly recommend the chain lock stop/spring tensioner. Just makes life easier.

There are some things i missed Im sure, but that is for the most part how to get the most out of those engines. Also i know some of the things i listed some things that come with the kit, but you gotta watch because when they run out of parts they have a bad habit of just taking it off the purchase but not the price. It wont hurt to check out Jaguars website too. Its got 90% of everything you should know about tuning motorized bicycles.

Believe me, it pains me to say anything good about gasbike, but if your lucky enough to catch them on a good day. You cant get this kit for a better price. I checked to buy everything individually it'll cost way more. But once you get one and reverse engineer it, you can buy a basic kit, and build your own gt80 for about 100 less, and with more of your own flair. I know i did. Good luck!!

P.s. any time you have to buy from gasbike use discount code "welcomebackfive" (no quotes, no spaces) to get 5% off your order. They havent deactivated that code for a long time.

As everyone knows Gasbike cust. serv. sucks to say the least. The GT80 cyl. is a easy way to get more power from your engine without doing the cyl. work yourself. Things you need to know.
1.You cannot just use the GT80 cyl. without using a reed valve. The reed and carb. they sell as a package with the cyl. is a pretty good setup.
2.If you are putting it on a engine with a type A piston check how tall the cyl. you are replacing is, As the GT80's are 2.740" jugs, and are used with type B engines. Most type A's are 2.780" so you may need to adjust the deck height for good results.
3. I would recommend using the mzmiami dirt bike expansion chamber with your new cyl. cause they haul ass.

Good knowledge, do ya happen to know what "stock head" fits the gt80?
Any of the heads for the 66cc engine will fit. If you are planning on decking the jug to get proper squish clearance their are other things to consider, but unless your going for a all out screamer in this case I would use the CNC 8cc head. If your leaving the deck height stock I would go with the CNC 6cc head. The far left head is 6cc the other two are 8cc. You can use the stock head, but it will have to be regularly re torqued and won't cool the engine as well.

Hi Brian,
Confession: I have never bought or used one of Gasbike's cylinders, I have only seen Gasbike's pictures and pictures posted by owner's who have purchased them. Gasbike claims 4hp with a reed valve, special cylinder head, and the ported cylinder, which is about double the stock power output. for about double the stock price. This is a very low price to pay for the work and the parts they put into this motor. This is balanced with some chatter about problems with customer service, so if you have problems, you may be on your own.

My path to power was to start with the stock engine, then to modify one part at a time, then test to see if it was an improvement or not.
I started with the head, gave it squish area that matched the piston shape.
I replaced the black catalytic muffler with the chrome $20 free flowing replacement.
Ported the intake and exhaust port windows into the cylinder 2mm wider each side.
Replaced the filter with a better "velocity stack" design (made out of a soda bottle) and free flowing foam.
Set the squish at 0.030", and jetted the engine to perfection, for more than double the original horsepower.
Total cost? $20 for the muffler and about another $20 for gaskets and misc supplies.
It is that easy...

Older post but I like your style.. Making the best of what you have can reap great results with low cost...Eventually you reach a brick wall with most stock parts but you learn something that becomes very valuable.

Has anyone ever had one or installed them on a 66cc , saw them at gasbikes. I am interested, but want some feedback on how they work, how to install.[/second cylinde
Yes I just blew my second one 2 days ago they last 4 to 6 months although I am not going to blame gasbike it could my fault have a high performance CNC Carb ported cylinder and stock exhaust it could of had back pressure and blew the cylinder got a high exhaust coming mail Speed Demon with silencer.
f***ing forum won't allow me to upload pic f***em.

Has anyone ever had one or installed them on a 66cc , saw them at gasbikes. I am interested, but want some feedback on how they work, how to install.[/second cylinde
Yes I just blew my second one 2 days ago they last 4 to 6 months although I am not going to blame gasbike it could my fault have a high performance CNC Carb ported cylinder and stock exhaust it could of had back pressure and blew the cylinder got a high exhaust coming mail Speed Demon with silencer.
f***ing forum won't allow me to upload pic f***em.

Back