Hello Everyone

freshwater

Local time
12:45 AM
hello everyone I just finished building my first motor bicycle. I had it up and running for one day until I ran into a couple snags. It did not start due to a faulty spark plug and I was racking my brain trying to find that out. Another snag that happened was that the chain tensioner somehow pulled into the spokes and broke off three of them. That last incident took my bike out of commission for a while. I can't wait until I am riding like the wind again. Until then all I have is this forum.

Welcome freshwater.The chain thesioner rolling into the spokes is a common problem.There are two ways you can fix the problem.First way is to weld the bracket to the frame and th second way is to drill a hole all the way through the bracket and frame and put a roll pin in it.I also ditched the factory roller and put a roller blad wheel on that I cut a chain groove in.

Hi and welcome to MBc..good luck on the fix...use the search bar and type in your malfunction and tons of like posts will guide you to a quick recovery...good luck on your endeavor and happy motoring...

Im finally back on the road again! I got my motor started and I am finally riding around with a weird grin on my face. Im so tempted to go the speed but I know I must contain myself so I can break the engine in properly.

Back