Votes: 15 5.2%
  • for long rides or in heavy traffic

Votes: 27 9.4%
  • from now on i will

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • i do not vote in polls

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
Steve..glad your feeling better..I am still dizzy ,sleeping a lot ,pain is about gone..broken ribs or tubes and inhalation therapy chemical have given me pneumonia..real bad chest congestion...You need a helmet more so on a bicycle with a motor than a large motorcycle..Bicycles re not built/designed to go 30MPH and over...I have always rode motorcycles ..always with helmets..this time --left it home..bad move.3 skull fractures,broken collar bone,3 broken ribs,smashed in side,shoulder injuries..24 days at hospital must of it in intensive care,critical condition...had tubes and wires stuck everywhere..they tied my hands down cause I kept trying to pull that stuff out

G'day Tedd.
Mine was minor compared to your's - it was just a reminder. (It worked, I won't even look at the bike without a helmet on.) Dizziness etc only lasted a couple of days and nothing broken.
Had my first ride on the HT since then two days ago. With the shift kit, it feels a lot safer to ride.
Take care of that pneumonia. It can be pretty serious. Not a smoker, I hope.
I've had several bouts of pneumonia in the last few years - a combination of emphysema and over-doing it.
I'm pleased to hear that you're recovering OK, apart from the chest problem. You'll be up and bouncing about in no time.

Take care,
... Steve

Aussie Steve...I have started a Rhett memorial thread as a place to share stories like you have mentioned. It might be good to let all know even test drives in the driveway can be bad without helmets.....fender stories or anything that is saftey was what I had in mind when I started the thread.

Aussie Steve...I have started a Rhett memorial thread as a place to share stories like you have mentioned. It might be good to let all know even test drives in the driveway can be bad without helmets.....fender stories or anything that is saftey was what I had in mind when I started the thread.

Hello Stan, I saw your thread and had it on my list to respond. I've been a little busy polishing off my shift kit. Today, one of my layabout mates dropped in and 'made' me drink beers all afternoon, so I didn't get my next ride in. Much as I'd like to. (Life is sooo hard.)
I will respond to your thread.

I had a chat to Tedd today. We're starting a 'Fell on my head, (stupidly without a helmet)', club. Not really, but... I agree with you.
I'm one of the lucky ones.

Meantime, I just saw something here I didn't like. (I'm not usually like this.)
I was going to comment in this post, but will do another.

Take care,
... Steve

I'm very pleased to see that the comments made by a fellow member were retracted/deleted.
The sentiment was sincere, I know, but terms like 'whack job' and 'major nut case since his motorcycle accident' aren't, perhaps, the best choice of words.
Cetainly rubbed me up the wrong way.
I don't mean to be offensive or grudging.
Just had to say something.

N.B. Be aware, too, that even when you delete, all subscribed members will have received a copy of the original.
And wear that helmet, that's what we're really here for.

... Steve

Back