Help identifying engine to locate a coil

dchevygod

Local time
1:32 AM
I have a customer with an old school goped gokart. This thing has a water cooled engine! Someone took the time and did it pretty well, but it has no spark. I did some looking and all the Zenoah pum water cooled stuff on my usual go to site "davesmotors.com" has a different setup than this motor, so I have no clue where to find a coil for this engine "that has compression".

Help identifying this engine would be greatly appreciated. Or even better a link to a matching coil... thanks in advance.
20170925_160538.jpg
20170925_160552.jpg
20170925_160601.jpg

Looks a lot like a Briggs and Stratton coil, doesn't it?
hqdefault.jpg

33-365_ct.jpg

They are available in several different sizes. I don't know what the timing differences might be.

I often look thru google images to find a match for unknown parts.

Thanks guys I tried both of those suggestions before hitting up the forums.

Hey steve, it's really funny you posted those pics and had the same thought as I did. I work at a mower/small engine shop, also know my way around all the goped scooters.

This engine is alien to me, I've never seen a 4 bolt case like that before. Its obvious that long ago someone took an air cooled engine of some kind and put on a water cooled head/radiator/mikuni fuel pump as a water pump! And it worked good enough to fry the coil without a fan cover to cool the bottom of the cylinder/coil and cases.

This one has been picked up by the customer but thanks for chiming in guys.

Back