Help! Will this break anything?

You guys are giving alot of advice to a guy that's decided to use another bike
Maybe ya missed this
At 6'2" and 250 lbs, I personally have no desire to use a BMX frame. However, there are many who have a BMX attraction. So even though the OP says he will probably use another frame, we just let him know a BMX build is possible but will require welding in frame modifications.

At 6'2" and 250 lbs, I personally have no desire to use a BMX frame. However, there are many who have a BMX attraction. So even though the OP says he will probably use another frame, we just let him know a BMX build is possible but will require welding in frame modifications.
I guess were all just pointing out the obvious tonight :LOL:

That bike is ruined for all intents and purposes and changing the actual geometry of that bike by welding an alternate bar in its place is not going to be helpful at all.
Adding the wishbone top tube will keep the BMX profile look. Though I will say doing such a build requires the skills of a master builder.

Extending the seat tube in order to add a higher top tube totally changes the look. The added in top tube would also be at an extreme downward slant towards the handlebars. Therefore, one might as well just use a frame which wouldn't need such mods.

Adding the wishbone top tube will keep the BMX profile look. Though I will say doing such a build requires the skills of a master builder.

Extending the seat tube in order to add a higher top tube totally changes the look. The added in top tube would also be at an extreme downward slant towards the handlebars. Therefore, one might as well just use a frame which wouldn't need such mods.

Exactly how I'd go about fixing it.

As of right now the bike is like.
my-spine (1).gif

Yes I can weld.
My butt would never fit on a BMX.
And I was commenting that the bike's "spine" is missing right now.
I'm not sure where the spine is on a bicycle; however, part of the top tube was removed. If you'll go to the video and click onto the person's channel he has a complete set of videos on how he built the bike.

Back