Hey yall, I'm trying to learn as much as possible on these 2 stroke powered bicycles.

I had the 1990 Jeep Comanche sport truck $10K brand new, with roll down windows AC and no left side mirror :LOL:
She never broke down
I put over 150K miles one her in 5 years then I gave it to my brother.

I had the 1990 Jeep sport truck $10K brand new, with roll down windows AC and no left side mirror :LOL:
She never broke down
I put over 150K miles one her in 5 years then I gave it to my brother.
This was a long bed Pioneer 4x4 trim. 5 speed manual with an np231 transfer case. I did a few tweaks to it. Got my hands on an ax15 transmission with an NP242J from a Grand Cherokee, a Dana 44 and 30 with 3.55 gears from a TJ (had to remove a lot of brackets and weld in spring perches on the 44). I did an HD 242 conversion on the transfer case with a 6 pinion planetary and chevy chain, gears, and rear cover. My next 2 plans were to be a pair of torsen diffs front and rear with an axle disconnect delete and CV front axles. Then an engine swap.

Life got in my way unfortunately. I have considered getting another Comanche to build. I love the stupid money pits lol.

My old Jeep Comanche could ALMOST do 90mph. Slight lift and 31" tires with a 4.0L that had a compression reading of "some" made it work pretty hard. Liked to go 60mph all day long. It was decently solid too. Little bits of rust here and there, but not the worst ever. It only had a front 2" lift. the rear leaf springs were OE Replacements and brand new, so it jacked the back end way up in the air.View attachment 197499
That's a bad azz ole truck. 4.0L with a manual trans make a killer lil crawler/wheeler.

This was a long bed Pioneer 4x4 trim. 5 speed manual with an np231 transfer case. I did a few tweaks to it. Got my hands on an ax15 transmission with an NP242J from a Grand Cherokee, a Dana 44 and 30 with 3.55 gears from a TJ (had to remove a lot of brackets and weld in spring perches on the 44). I did an HD 242 conversion on the transfer case with a 6 pinion planetary and chevy chain, gears, and rear cover. My next 2 plans were to be a pair of torsen diffs front and rear with an axle disconnect delete and CV front axles. Then an engine swap.

Life got in my way unfortunately. I have considered getting another Comanche to build. I love the stupid money pits lol.
All of this from the guy that says,
I just live by the ultimate philosophy: KISS

LOL...LOL...LOL.

I suppose old is a relative term. My Chev Silver 2 wheel drive 4.8L is turning 21 this year, only has 203000 KM. I bought it new. Not many miles but it has only needed a fuel pump and a starter motor and of course brakes in that time. I am going to put new rear disks and pads on it this weekend.

I suppose old is a relative term. My Chev Silver 2 wheel drive 4.8L is turning 21 this year, only has 203000 KM. I bought it new. Not many miles but it has only needed a fuel pump and a starter motor and of course brakes in that time. I am going to put new rear disks and pads on it this weekend.
My '63 dart I'd still running and it's 60 years old.

I don't know if my truck will make it that long although it is in really good shape. One thing for sure I doubt I'll make another 40 years.
I also have no idea how many miles are on it. There is a dash cluster in the seat and one in the dash, I have no clue which is original and if or how many times it's rolled over.

Back