Hi, new guy here.

i want to go valved for ease of starting and better low speed thrust. i really ain't trying to reach very high a speed, just enough to get me around 20-50 feet off the ground for a short duration. seeing as how extremely dangerous the craft would be ( bikes weren't meant to fly, lol), i'd want to keep any injury's i could sustain at a minimum. i'm no spring chicken. lmao.
Yeah right Only 50 feet off the ground cause you are Superman.
I have seen 4 broken ribs and collarbone from falling 3 feet at 15 mph on an old guy.
A Very entertaining story but complete nonsense that you will never accomplish.
How fast do ya reckon you would have to go to get 50 feet off the ground?
What kinds wings would your bike need and have you figured out the landing gear?
Are you going to try a practice landing run off a 50 foot cliff?
Anyway its a great story. . . .... . . . ..

I have seen 4 broken ribs and collarbone from falling 3 feet at 15 mph on an old guy.
What kinds wings would your bike need and have you figured out the landing gear?
Whenever I see you, anywhere, you are leaving negative comments. We don't need that. Thanks.

To be fair, Neil aint totally wrong tho. Crashes break the damndest things, and they get harder to heal from as we age. I've broken bicycle frames on potholes and 5 foot jumps. Spent a week in the hospital after a 20MPH crash into a car. It's a hard knock life on a bicycle, motored or not.

Here's wishing you a soft landing.

I bet you could totally glide fifty feet or higher with out pulse jets, just pedal down a mountain with the bike attached under a two person hang glider. Where there is a will there is a way.

I bet you could totally glide fifty feet or higher with out pulse jets, just pedal down a mountain with the bike attached under a two person hang glider. Where there is a will there is a way.

i wanna take off like a plane and land like a plane, but then fold my wings up and go ride like a totally weird heavy, extremely loud bike. easy traffic skipper model. red light ahead, no problem. backed up on the freeway, ain't nothing but a mountain bike wing. lol

To be fair, Neil aint totally wrong tho. Crashes break the damndest things, and they get harder to heal from as we age. I've broken bicycle frames on potholes and 5 foot jumps. Spent a week in the hospital after a 20MPH crash into a car. It's a hard knock life on a bicycle, motored or not.

Here's wishing you a soft landing.

i hear ya. the key is to roll when you hit. still break stuff, but less. lol. i've stopped doing the concrete. i stick to the dirt and muck now. it's much softer.

landing gear, same as the take off and stabilization wheels. wings will be hollow tube aluminum built by my hands, covered in a super tight nylon or kevlar weave. they will be of a modular design, duel wire type control surfaces. those will be controlled by indexing controllers. fuel, most likely low sulfur diesel. thrust, hoping for about 500lbs at max throttle. looking to reach speeds of 60 -80mph. that should be more than plenty to lift off.

Back