High Idle after hose intake

I am using the stock kit. Whatever came with it. I had a perfectly good set up before i replaced the intake so i can lower the seat. Im sure the problem is somewhere between the intake gasket and the carb. It was hastily put together.
They make a shortie intake for about 15 bucks. Amazon or ebay. Can buy 2 from cdh on ebay for 25. I just bought two. Lol. They work well with a stock kit. An most have an oring slot cut into them and come with the oring. Its about an inch and a half long vs the 3 to 4 inches the stock intake is. And they are straight. So they dont dive up and curve straight.

I thought about that but this is my wifes bike. She needs low end torque since she is afraid to go over 10 mph. I figure the long hose intake would solve all her problems.... If i can get it to work.

I thought about that but this is my wifes bike. She needs low end torque since she is afraid to go over 10 mph. I figure the long hose intake would solve all her problems.... If i can get it to work.
You'll get it. Also if you are near Virginia i have a ton of stuff for sale almost free lol

Best bet like these other posters said, bigger sprocket. Just work ot smaller as she gets comfy with her bike.

Those are good ideas but i also need the seat at the lowest position. The low in torque was just a bonus

Those are good ideas but i also need the seat at the lowest position. The low in torque was just as
shortie intake ( 25 bucks on ebay for two from cdh, just bought 'em, only reason i know the price) or the offset intake, they make a long offset and a short, cost about the same. some come in black, some in silver, and rare find is the sweet fake gold plate one. lol. or make ya own from yetiwoodz (i think thts his name, dont know for sure or how to link a patron here) post using a washer and some steel pipe. We MBer's make a lot of stuff for our bikes, because nothing else fits.

From the look of that hose, it could be sucking wind big time. Can you find a better piece of hose? I saw some clear at one of the hardware stores, comes in a variety of sizes.

I took everything apart. Placed back together. Took my time. Just waiting on the rain to go away to test it. I believe my problem was that the intake was being pulled away from the carb causing a air leak.

Back