Hit by a truck today!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/12/01/crime.burress/index.html

(CNN) -- New York Giants star receiver Plaxico Burress was charged Monday with criminal possession of the weapon he shot himself in the leg with last week.

New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress arrives at the 17th police precinct in Manhattan on Monday.

His attorney, Benjamin Brafman, said Burress, 31, plans to plead not guilty during an appearance in court Monday.

Burress turned himself in at the 17th police precinct in Manhattan about 8 a.m. Monday.

A detective later said Burress had been charged with criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree. If convicted of such a charge, Burress could face up to 15 years in prison, according to New York state law.

Even without a conviction, the NFL could discipline Burress under its personal conduct policy. Commissioner Roger Goodell would have the final word on any league disciplinary action.

"He's physically OK and mentally OK," Brafman said. "He understands the seriousness of the situation, and he's addressing it in a responsible fashion."

The attorney added he does not know when Burress may be back on the field.

The Giants have issued a statement saying they were "in contact with Plaxico since shortly after the incident," and their primary concern was for his health and well-being.

The team said Burress suffered a wound to his right thigh, and was treated and released from a hospital.

Sports Illustrated reported that Burress had accidentally shot himself while at Latin Quarter, a sprawling nightclub in Manhattan.

A law enforcement official told The New York Times that the gun was a Glock semiautomatic pistol and that it had been recovered from the football star's New Jersey home.

The shooting was the latest bump in a rocky season for Burress, who became a hero of last season's Super Bowl when he caught the game-winning touchdown pass from quarterback Eli Manning with 35 seconds remaining.

He was fined and suspended from the team's October 5 game for reportedly missing a practice without notifying the team. Later, he was fined $45,000 by the NFL after an October 19 game during which he argued with a referee and threw a football into the stands.

He injured a hamstring in a game two weeks ago and was not scheduled to play in the Giants' game Sunday.

yeah....I know all about that........

I just wondered why you brought it up??
it's kinda like comparing apples to...uh....hmmmm.......sailboats.

on the one hand.....woman on cellphone, drives into the bike lane, kills a kid, who had every right in the world to be in that bike lane.

the other hand.....pro athlete.....winning superbowl catch.....takes an illegal, concealed weapon to a nightclub.....shoots himself in the leg...yes, he's in trouble! he's an idiot!! he should be in trouble. I hope he got a degree to fall back on, while in college.

okay....I'll get off my soapbox, now.

sorry, Large...& any Giants fans, I may have offended.

Because that lady used her SUV as a weapon to KILL a 9 year old.
A known NFL star carries an unregistered gun kills nobody and will serve mandatory jail.
I'm sorry but I think it may be easier to dodge a bullet than it is to dodge a 4 ton SUV coming right at you.
I just brought that up as an example to our twisted society.

Both were distracted.
Both made a mistake.
One kills a kid.
The other injures himself.
Who should get a stiffer sentence?
WHO?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad TOM is OK, and it's a year old thread, and Tom is still here!

I always look for pedestrians and bicyclists when I drive a car, but me and my brother have nearly been run over pedaling ON THE SIDEWALK a few times!

On the other hand, ITS RETARDED that women always get let off the hook and are barely accountable for their actions! Like when the woman ran the girl over, and got a misdemeanor.

I see it a lot regarding women, and I've been married before, and the general brainwashed views of our fkd up society is that it's OK for a woman to do certain things, but NOT OK for a man. INEQUALITY++ It's OK for a woman not to work if a man in the household supports her, but if the man doesn't work, or even demands that his woman also works, then he's looked at as a loser. It's unfair and fkd up.

Also it's WAY easier for a woman to land a job, it's true no matter how you view it.

For example: Many people in society see it OK (or even desirable) for two women to be gey. However, two men being gey is viewed as highly unacceptable. Another example is that many think its OK for a man to sex two gey women, but not for a women to have sex with two gey men. I don't care HOW you look at it, they are still gey, and it's NO different in either situation.

I'm NOT gey, and I'm not hating on gays, nor do I have a problem with gays, but it's to prove a valid point on GENDER inequality and how women always get the unfair upper hand in everything. It makes being a man suck sometimes.

I don't mean to offend, but if someone decides to take offense, then GOOD, because it's the cold, hard truth, and most people don't like the truth.

Last edited:
Well I know this is getting off topic. I do somewhat agree with you Znsane. I was married once also. I wish someone could explain why when my wife took the car to Midas they found $2,000 worth of repairs to made during an oil change but when I took the car they only ask if I would like the washer fluid topped off.
When the single mom next door to me took her car to the mechanic they offered her $500 for the car since it wasn't worth repairing. I changed plugs, wires, fuel filter and starter. It runs like new.

In some ways us guys have it good.

people talking on cell phones are no where near the problem of people texting on their cell phones while driving..... I see that everyday... & mostly young teeneagers.

now how about the people reading the newspaper while driving? I see alot of that around here

I almost had a wreck yesterday while in my truck with a woman reading a magazine I could see the pics of womens heads it looked like a hair style magazine. she heard my tires as she pulled in front of me without taking her eyes off the book to look before turning.......

people talking on cell phones are no where near the problem of people texting on their cell phones while driving..... I see that everyday... & mostly young teeneagers.

now how about the people reading the newspaper while driving? I see alot of that around here

I almost had a wreck yesterday while in my truck with a woman reading a magazine I could see the pics of womens heads it looked like a hair style magazine. she heard my tires as she pulled in front of me without taking her eyes off the book to look before turning.......

She should be shot. Cleanse the population some by removing her accident prone azz.

Yeah, but even though they have both been illegal for quite some time now, take a look around and at least around where I live one out of every five cars has a driver with a phone to their ear. No turn signals, turning corners with hand over hand jerky turns, can't merge....AAAGGGHHH!

Back