How can I quieten my 49cc bike?

DarBee

Local time
12:47 PM
Hello all,
I was just hoping to get some ideas on cheap and easy ways to make my 49cc 4 stroke bike quieter? I want to avoid stuffing the muffler full of steel wool as I can see that landing me with more serious problems. It isn't obnoxiously loud as it is, but I was just hoping to make it a bit quieter? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you! 👍
Note: I’ve got a picture of the current exhaust below. Behind the plastic heat shield is the original muffler.

image.jpg

Do you have the skills to make a header? If you make a header to go down around the bottom of the bike and use a B&S hot dog muffler it will seem quieter because you moved the exit away from the front.
I haven't tried doing anything with the headers, however that could be something I could try as a project... Thank you! 👍

Change the oil every 25 hours of use and always check the valve lash clearance when doing it. Make sure your air/fuel filters are clean. Tune your carburetor for max performance. You'd be surprised at how doing these simple things will quieten your 4-stroke engine

Back