How difficult are motorized bikes to build?

mkwra

Local time
12:53 AM
Hello there!

I'm sorry if this noob post might annoy you a little bit. I'm really looking to get into this hobby as it looks like a lot of fun to me.

My question is : How difficult are these things to build?

I'm a 15 year old who doesn't have any mechanical experience at all. But I want to learn. Would a motorized bike be a good project to start with? Thanks.

Hello there!

I'm sorry if this noob post might annoy you a little bit. I'm really looking to get into this hobby as it looks like a lot of fun to me.

My question is : How difficult are these things to build?

I'm a 15 year old who doesn't have any mechanical experience at all. But I want to learn. Would a motorized bike be a good project to start with? Thanks.
On a scale of 1-10 they are an 8. You need a good set of metric wrenches and a set of metric sockets, but get both SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) and metric because some older bikes are standard, and a willingness to learn.

Two main questions to consider before you ever invest time/money to start a build.

1) Is it for street use, off road use or both?

2) If for street use; do you know your local laws and how strictly are those laws enforced?

Two main questions to consider before you ever invest time/money to start a build.

1) Is it for street use, off road use or both?

2) If for street use; do you know your local laws and how strictly are those laws enforced?
1) Both.
2) Yes in my country allowed

On a scale of 1-10 they are an 8. You need a good set of metric wrenches and a set of metric sockets, but get both SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) and metric because some older bikes are standard, and a willingness to learn.
Willingness to learn and fun are the two main reasons why I will do this :D

Its good you joined the forum when you did. Now you can build your bike the right way from the start! I joined 2 years ago when I was 18 and had no mechanical experience either.

I asked lots of questions on this forum and I gained so much knowledge. Great hobby! Best decision for fun I ever made!

Back