How long can "China doll" hold at WOT? Also, high altitude (+gear reductions and "too lean?")

That silver washer is not supposed to be "stuck" in any groove...lol...Here is the pic of how that goes together.

The open end of the washer is supposed to line up with the groove in the barrel so the cable will go in properly, and then you make sure that the barrel goes in where the length long groove aligns with a little nub inside the slide area and the small "step" on the other side lines up with the idle adjustment screw.

Slide Assembly.JPG

That silver washer is not supposed to be "stuck" in any groove...lol...Here is the pic of how that goes together.
That's how it was apart from the washer being in a groove, acting as a c-clip on "superlean" I suppose?
Edit: Na, because the actual C-clip still stops the needle where it should be.
So was that washer actually "stuck" in the groove or simply lying on top as it should have???
Pretty gosh-darn stuck. I said a swear as I freed it from the needle.

What do you watch for on the tach while tuning, and how do you translate it to the adjustments?
Depends on what type of carb you have. However all carbs essentially have 3 adjustments: high, low and idle. Adjust in this order.

1) The high adjustment you want max rpm at full throttle and leave it there.

2) The low adjustment you go to max rpm at no throttle then adjust back towards the rich side to where max low rpm slightly drops and leave it there.

3) The idle adjustment is then adjusted to the rpm that's recommended for the engine to idle at.

That's how it was apart from the washer being in a groove, acting as a c-clip on "superlean" I suppose?

Go ahead and put it all back together as I have given instructions as to "How To" then, put in new plug gapped at .025 and then test it out for a while when you can...That means a few runs, not a 5 minute jaunt...lol...Then pull the plug to recheck the burn.

Edit: Na, because the actual C-clip still stops the needle where it should be.

Try it with the needle freed for a bit.

Depends on what type of carb you have. However all carbs essentially have 3 adjustments. High, low and idle. The high adjustment you want max rpm at full throttle and leave it there. The low adjustment you go to max rpm at no throttle then adjust back towards the rich side to where max low rpm slightly drops and leave it there. The idle adjustment is then adjusted to rpm that's recommended for the engine to idle at.
It's the BoFeng, I posted pics of it. 1400 RPM for this kit; definitely need that tach you shared.
Go ahead and put it all back together as I have given instructions as to "How To" then, put in new plug gapped at .025 and then test it out for a while when you can...That means a few runs, not a 5 minute jount...lol...Then pull the plug to recheck the burn.
Don't worry, I could more than reassemble it. Since the thunder stopped, I'll ride now! Already got it gapped to that spec and installed, thank you for explaining that earlier. Fact: the plug tool that comes with the kit does NOT fit the NGK plug. I can toss that damn tool from my bike tool kit lol!
Try it with the needle freed for a bit.
What do you mean, like all properly assembled?

It's the BoFeng, I posted pics of it. 1400 RPM for this kit; definitely need that tach you shared.

Don't worry, I could more than reassemble it. Since the thunder stopped, I'll ride now! Already got it gapped to that spec and installed, thank you for explaining that earlier. Fact: the plug tool that comes with the kit does NOT fit the NGK plug. I can toss that damn tool from my bike tool kit lol!

What do you mean, like all properly assembled?
Yes

Back