how many times have u been pulled over

HoughMade,

If this were any other state but Oregon, I would agree with you; because I do believe in States Rights. I must qualify my statement in that I believe in States Rights as written in the U.S. Constitution, and that the States follow the spirit and intent of our Republic.

Oregon is populated by a large percentage of disgusting parasites, control freaks, reprobates, "useful fools", and perverts, many who actively hate America and our Constitution.

I was born and raised here in Oregon, and I've seen the state change for the worse over time. Currently, the state is filling up with illegal trash culture breeders that have turned clean and decent little towns into unsightly criminal infested trash dumps. People may hate me for saying this, but I don't live with trash; I bury it.

But, your point is well taken; and we need to take our country back.

Last edited:
Please tell us what City, and State your having problems in . Some states are real cool, others real hassles. Look up, and print out, local laws pertaining to M B use.
Massachusetts is half tough, in the beginning, motor bikes were considered clean air vehicles / low emissions vehicles, and as such were granted liberties, the biggest rule was * Don't go over 30 MPH * . I ordered my 70cc Skyhawk Kit as a legal product.
By the time I was riding, the laws changed, and engine displacement was limited to 50cc, and a centrifugle [ sp ? ] clutch required, along with a moped sticker.

Did some snooping, and found the larger displacement bikes had a tendency to leap forward upon starting [ unskilled rider ? ] Hence the ban on larger engined, manual clutch motors. I ride anyway, and have no problems, I'm an older person, not an easily influenced kid.

Keep the cops off your back by ;
Wearing a helmet, gloves, and glasses
Tape a copy of your Driver's licence to the frame to prove it's * your * bike
Get a sticker, if you need one, try to keep bike noise down .

I remember the pocket bike fiasco, some years back. Those things were a menace,
kids rode with impunity, and often smashed into moving cars. The cops adopted a Zero Tolerance atitude, if they saw one, it ended up in the trunk of a cop car, no kind words, or second chances. I would hate to see that happen to us, hopefully we are wizer than the pocket bikers, and will have a better future.

Yes, but still pertinant- I've not been pulled over for a number of reasons
1) I drive in accordance to the rules of the road. From the standpoint of 'right-of-way', bicycles (in Okanogan County, these are bicycles) are at the BOTTOM of the food chain. They must yield right-of-way to all others. Period. Get used to it- that law has been in effect nationally since my first two-wheeler during the Eisenhower administration.
2) Helmet. Even where it is NOT required, the absence will attract a cop's attention in a disfavorable manner. Wear it.
3) Speed laws- THEY APPLY TO YOU AS WELL, AND YOU CAN BE GOING TOO SLOW! Don't speed. Don't be an obstruction.
4) Don't be a jerk- often enough, you can avoid a ticket by not going for a power play with the cop. Let him/her 'educate' you, nod and smile, appologise where appropriate and save your argument for the judge. Cops work a really hard job, and often enough they can and will unload on a lightning rod- don't be that lightning rod. It's not hard to understand.
now, for my aces in the hole...
5) Washington Cops are reliant on civilian gunsmiths for maintanance of their firearms- I am the only one in this county with the appropriate NRA credentials. They are well aware of this as I work on their guns.
6) I am also a surgical tech at a critical care facility where the cops might wind up if one of them sucks a bullet. That tends to flavor their thinking.
7) My bikes tend to be very sharply conservative in appearance. No disrespect to rat rodders, but cops view ratty looking rigs of ANY kind as a rebelliouse attitude towards authority. I KNOW THAT IS NOT THE CASE- I am mearly stating their point of view. Cops have an issue with those who do not respect authority- or who appear so. If you proudly display a cannabis leaf decal on your tank, don't expect the cop to be sympathetic- that would be contrary to his professional vested interests.
Bottom line is this, guys- these things will have advocates within the authorities as long as we, the practitioners of this hobby, behave in a civilized and respectful manner. My condolances to Oregon- clearly the political cancer in Kalifornicatia has crept across the border and infested the state. I saw it happening when Santa Clara county, the richest breadbasket on God's green earth, was torn asunder, concreted over and turned into 'Silicon Valley'. Meanwhile, where we are tolerated, let us remain tolerated.
the Old Sgt.

Sgt. feel lucky you can ride without no hassles where your at in WA. I am not so lucky here in Port Angeles WA. I had ridden all summer without a problem, i had seen many state patrol and local sheriffs with no problems. I always wear a helmet, safty glasses, and obey all traffic laws. Then one day coming home from my college, a block from my house i get pulled over by a local rookie cop. When asked for my DL i told him i did not have one, immediatly he tells me if its suspended or i had a dui be prepared to go to jail.
I just dont have one( i am visually impaired just enough to not pass the dmv eye test)
he runs my ID and comes back looking bummed, i think he just really wanted an arrest. then goes on to tell me about people with duis think they can ride MB. Then goes on to recite the laws, which i researched and found that A MB has to be state patrol inspected and licenced with the dmv( it has to have all the equipment as a motorcycle/moped everything) it does not matter if its 2cc or 200cc and you must have a DL.
I was being as cool as i could be to him, i was like com'on there are only 2-3 MB in our whole town, his reply "i know ive already stopped them and told them the same thing"
And you know what really ****es me off is that i had been told by another member that lives in the next town over(20miles) that the Sgt -sheriffs are allowing them to ride there.
So really about 99% of riders in WA are riding their MB illegally. Im not saying its not impossible to get your bike to pass the state patrol inspection but after all that you might as well get a motorcycle or moped because that would really be what you have.
So really it does not matter how cool you ride, or wear your helmet, or obey traffic laws in Wa if you run across the one officer thats out to save the world from MBs your done.
This is truly a sad state of affairs.

Wow- I'd been told that the other side of the hill was rough for MBers. Move to Okanogan County, I'm friends with the Sheriff...
the Old Sgt.

I ride a 100% legal bike in a 100% legal manner. I obey the law and I have NEVER been stopped on any of my MBs. I know and talk with as many of our local cops as possible. Most of them know who I am and know I'm not some jerk breaking the law. Some ignore me when I'm riding, others kid around with me, as I kid around with them. Act in an adult manner, obey the rules, don't be a fool, keep it low key and quiet, and you will not get hassled by the man. Acting the fool by flagrantly flounting the law only makes it bad for us responsible adults who ride legally. Grow up and accept responsibility for your actions.

Cops

Or move to California. The people that have over-run the state and changing everything makes it tough for some things, but Motorized bikes are as accepted as any other vehicle on the street.
As far as tail lights, brake lights and turn signals go, you can get a unit that does all of that on e-bay. Just figure out a headlight and a decent horn and you got it made. I have one on my trike and it's been working for two years. So make it legal, get it inspected and thumb yer nose at the cops.
Shiney Side Up,
Big Red.

Attachments

• SUNP0026.jpg
    SUNP0026.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 255
Yea , even if i could get the bike in inspection order ,also i dont think they make a DOT approved 29" tire then that would just leave the DL thing. Unfortunatly, thanks to the diabeties, i am losing my eyesite. i am visually impaired just enough to not pass the eye test. I can see fine at 20-30 mph but any faster i couldnt do it in a car. It would be a great wish but i dont think they will ever change the DL thing.
Anyway, i have the bike listed for sale on the other site if anyone might be interested.
Its a bummer the local cops are not going to allow the MBs in this town.

http://motorbicycling.com/f23/anybody-western-washigton-want-buy-motorized-34984.html

Laws

Sorry Rich, Kinda forgot the part about no license. Your supposed to have one in California also but the cops never ask for it.
Saw your post on the other site,( I'm "fatdaddy" over there,) And wish I had $500 bucks. Sounds like a good deal.
Anyway, some have the right idea about it. You can either fight it or go electric. Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck.
Shiney Side Up,
Big Red.

Back