I have a minarelli hybrid ?

James98189741

Local time
7:54 AM
I have minarelli hybrid w a jog pipe and mikuni vm18. My question is the bike seems so powerful it wants to throw me off at a quarter speed about 30mph. Is there a way to smooth out the ride and make throttle response not so jerky.?

I'm just asking, could that be the position of the needle in the slide of the carburetor? Would it make sense to ride the bike at a quarter speed about 30mph then kill the engine and check the plug?

What do you mean by jerkish? like, revs up super fast or bogging?

if it revs up super fast it could be a slipping clutch, if its not slipping then the motor is probably just powerful lol

if it bogs, could be a few things, I'd look into rejetting the carb if you haven't done that yet since its warming u

Keep in mind, the Minarelli hybrid your running is making almost 10X the power that a standard CG makes, as such, the power band is gonna be very rough (due to how a 2 stroke engine works)

best way to fix it? ride it for a while and enjoy having a kick-ass bike! you will get used to it after a while.

I mean you could always swap the crappy chrome cylinder back on. By no means am I a 2 stroke fan but they have 3 transfers and correct timing that's all.

Back