I want a better THROTTLE/KILLSWITCH combo

Max-M

Local time
6:18 AM
I want a better throttle/killswitch combo than those that come with kits.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I'd like something "motorcycle-grade."

Thanks.

check ebay for japanese motorcycle throttles, they'll fit your 7/8" handlebars.

Sick Bike Parts has a nice throttle upgrade too...

What I'm looking for is a twist throttle that incorporates a kill switch in its design. I'm not finding that. I guess I may end up buying a 7/8" throttle/dummy grip set from motorcycle-superstore.com, and a separate kill switch.

Just about any street bike throttle since the 1960s will have kill switch and/or start button in the throttle housing. Here's one from a 1974 Yamaha AT-1 125:

cnqe0.jpg

and a 2000 Suzuki GSXR 750:

33ot937.jpg

Any one will work. And if you like a kill button instead of a switch, just use the start button to short out the CDI wires instead of the slide/rocker switch. So start looking through the Motorcycle Parts sections on eBay and take your pick of literally thousands of "motorcycle-grade" throttles.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks, CroMagnum

What I ended up doing was to order a vintage-looking, "jackhammer"-style throttle and grips combo, made in the orient by EMGO (pic attached). And I ordered a separate, rocker-style kill switch from Sick Bike Parts.

I think that the grips are just the right look for my cruiser build.

Attachments

• throttle.JPG
    throttle.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,034
SBP and I think JNMotors has both.... I have the ones from SBP, they are from a mini bike. You can also find the same ones on e-bay but take probably ten times longer to ship. Also I doubt the customer servise on e-bay is anything near what SBP offers...

Back