I'd love to get my self killed on this

I want to put the boxer from a gold wing in a mg midget. That sounds like a fun car to build
Those engines with their transmissions are huge. Alternative option that would turn a lot more heads, swap the engine from my vfr1200 into it. The exhaust note alone would confuse the heck out of people. 😉

Those engines with their transmissions are huge. Alternative option that would turn a lot more heads, swap the engine from my vfr1200 into it. The exhaust note alone would confuse the heck out of people. 😉
The reason I was looking at the Goldwing was it's shaft drive. I'm sure I could adapt the shaft drive to the car's original rwd.

The reason I was looking at the Goldwing was it's shaft drive. I'm sure I could adapt the shaft drive to the car's original rwd.
My bike is also shaft drive. See a chain anywhere? 🙃

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1689788057901.jpg
    FB_IMG_1689788057901.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 66
  • FB_IMG_1689788066016.jpg
    FB_IMG_1689788066016.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 67
Ok, I haven't looked much into shaft drive Motorcycles to swap. If and when I get around to building something like that I'll look into what bikes are shaft drive.

Ok, I haven't looked much into shaft drive Motorcycles to swap. If and when I get around to building something like that I'll look into what bikes are shaft drive.
*inhales deeply* ...

Kidding. Lol. A big thing to keep in mind with any shaft drive bike setup is the shaft doesn't come out of the center. They are usually offset one side up to 12 inches from the centerline. Alignment might be tricky.

*inhales deeply* ...

Kidding. Lol. A big thing to keep in mind with any shaft drive bike setup is the shaft doesn't come out of the center. They are usually offset one side up to 12 inches from the centerline. Alignment might be tricky.
Yeah, that's another reason I'll look into it more in the future

Cool, but that dude is creepy as f***. Also too much power I agree with @GW's Motorized.

Depends what you put that thing in I guess. I've ridden 800cc sleds and that's not a crazy amount for sleds. Depends what you're talking about. Regardless creepy sounding dude.
I didn't find Millyard creepy just soft spoken. What a brilliant builder and engineer. Did you see the one where he took two jugs from an old aircraft engine and built a motorcycle around it? Over the top attention to detail.

The ST1300 is a great bike. It's kind of the opposite side of the coin to my vfr1200, which leans heavily to the Sport side of Sport Touring. The ST1300 leans more heavily to the Touring side. A bit heavier, less peak power and torque, but a lot more on the low end. A lot bigger fuel tank and a much more comfortable riding position. Also a bit if a bargain on the used market, but finding one that doesn't have 90k miles or more is a challenge. Like the Goldwing, ST owners ride the crap out of their bikes lol.
Concours and the ST1300 are very affordable used. A lot of them last looong time mileage wise.

Back