In box GT5 66cc slant

Yes Steve,
You as well as everyone here, you are right. Sorry guys, guess I was having a senior moment huh. Steve, I'm very pleased with this 48, but just after reading so much, I do believe that I can get just a bit more torque out of the 66.

Steve, I bet you get a kick out of a large person like me trying to get these little bikes reliable. Well, it is, what it is I guess? It's fun just to see if you can get them true blue. (Uno, being where they are made to begin with)

See, when I bought this 48 a year ago, I was going to start it out using Synthetic Amsoil. After reading much on here, I got the impression, that I need to use regular 2/stroke oil for first few hundred miles before I go with a true synthetic?

Is that True/False?

Hey, appreciate

Nothing wrong with trying to improve these things and make them more reliable etc.
That adds to the fun of creating your own bike, with your own fingerprint on it.
Considering that you're a little heavier than my 110 lbs, I'm surprised that you didn't start with a 66cc instead of a 48. (I would have bought a 100 or 250 if they made them.)

I've read a lot of posts regarding starting out with normal 2-stroke before switching to synthetic, so that's what I did when I started out. It's done close to 1000 miles now without engine problems. Don't know if the oil made a difference, though. Probably more important is the amount of oil rather than the type -> as much as possible. I still run 20:1 in mine. (Haven't ridden for a while, though.)

Yeah Steve, guess I'm just alittle paranoid of going over 50cc due to police. You're right though..............I need more, but this little engine does pretty well considering its only a bicycle!!~ I'm just still worried about the inside of the jug having that scratch, and missing place of chrome sleeve on bottom. Bike runs great, idles well, great compression, smooth in every other place on sleeve, and once again, burn is chocolate brown. I just would hate for it to be running so well, and be out a good ways, and then she self destructs.

I sit around and think of all kinds of issues? Wrist Pin? Oil Ratio? Did I run to lean, to long? .....................or is everything going to be ok. Only total 350 miles sense new.

Last edited:
My engine doesn't have any markings to say what size it is. It's a 66cc, but if pulled over I'll say it's a 48cc. (Either way, here, if it's over 200W it's illegal.)

The scratch shouldn't cause any problems. The peeling chrome might, though. Mine is doing the same and has had no problems, but I guess that if too much peeled off it might seize more easily. It's time I pulled mine down and checked it out.

Regarding reliability, I doubt if you can ever really rely on a HT engine. For good, reliable service, I doubt if you could go past a Honda, despite the relatively high price. (If only they made a frame-mount 70cc Honda.)

Back