CVT Is there anyone who doesn't want a NuVinci CVT hub??

Do you want a NuVinci CVT hub?

• Total voters
I've got one it seems like the best possible manual transmission for a bicycle IMO. Now it seems most motored bikers ride mostly on the flats which makes this thing rather useless but I was sick of having to make the compromise between high torque gearing for fast hill climbing and trail riding at the expense of top speed for on the road. I've read that you can keep pretty good cadence while pedaling with the engine too. So gone are the days that the engine is spinning the wheels too fast for me to pedal in tandem. I haven't finished my bike but I'm expecting it to be the bomb!

Woah. This is a NuVinci AUTOMATIC hub. No shifting. CVT.
I need to sleep now. My dreams will be fantastic.

i was wondering what the buzz is about these, would this be the drive gear or the pedal gear for a 2 stroke?

i was thinking when i first saw that vid a few weeks ago - with a small sprocket, this would fly.

They can be used with dual right hand sprockets. So both your motor and pedals take advantage of the CVP. And yes, you do need to shift.
Van, if you already have a CV transmission on your trike im sure this would be basically useless to you. However if you ever wanted to upgrade your trek it would be the way to go. Got mine for the steep and rugged trails and roads around here.

Back