Is this really a 53cc?

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
9:22 PM
Just found this listing on Ebay. They call it a 53cc but chances are its a 49cc. Do you guys think it really is a 144F clone? it uses the same belt drive that I have. This is a bargain compared to the $220 on Grubee.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The motor is identical to a "49cc" I don't understand why they are calling this 53cc. I just rebuild one for a guy 3 days ago cause he didn't break it in at all. Rings chewed through the jug after the first ride, still can't tell if he even had enough oil in the poor thing. lol! anyhow when I bought new parts they where just 49cc parts and fit perfectly and where identical to the old ones. Unless there is some magical door that opens up and adds 4cc of volume lol there identical!
Not identical engines, there is a HS142 and a HS144 and sure if you replace the parts (cylinder and piston, rings) from the 53cc with 49cc stuff it fits the same but you just lost some torque in doing so! People please do you're research there are many post's on this site and elsewhere online that cover all this! This clown talks out his ass all the time, don't listen to his BS double check for the facts!

Yea, they're the same like a 50cc atv and a 70cc. If you order parts for a 50, then you have a 50. If you order parts for a 70, then you have a 70. Same case and stroke, just a different jug and piston. Measure what you have to make sure you order the right parts.

Well I can't be 100% sure, but the belt drive set up on it looks like one of the old school ones that fitted a straight shaft engine and used a oilite bushing. The 53's have a taper shaft. You would in my opinion be better off getting the 53 from Grubee as it has the high RPM flywheel and magneto.

Without pulling the head and measuring the bore, there seems no way to be sure. Supposedly newer 142Fs have their RPM limited to 6800 by their ignition coils; the 144F supposedly has no RPM limit set by the coil. I haven't finished breaking mine in to see just how high it will rev, but that might be a moot point if the 144Fs ALSO start getting RPM limited coils. I'm inherently lazy and don't feel like pulling the head just for a looksie.

I was looking at this too but reluctant to pull the trigger due to
clutch/trans issues. I don't think it's a quality product and might
need repair.

Back