64.9 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_5396.jpg
    IMG_5396.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_2391.jpg
    IMG_2391.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Excellent use of my exclusive 10G long shaft direct shifting kit.
It's tricky for sure, but getting rid of a chain, sprocket and carrier bearing to put the output on the right for a shifter makes it worth it, if you are clever like you.

Nicely done bud, thanks for sharing ;-}

KC you rock bud couldn't of done it without you !!
It's tricky for sure, but getting rid of a chain, sprocket and carrier bearing to put the output on the right for a shifter makes it worth it, if you are clever like you.

Nicely done bud, thanks for sharing ;-}

Losing almost all of your pedal torque while engine is at >3K RPM is "worth it" and "clever"? Heh. You're probably biased.

Hence the motor ! haha At least try to have some intelligence when your being a ******* lol.Oh im sure
now you'll spew some gear ratio stuff but im 6' 220 and it takes my ass from dead stop to 25 without
peddling ..But again thanks The-aleman you are the man ...lmfao ...Heh...your probably jealous ...or biased but im sure your very clever and worth it .
Losing almost all of your pedal torque while engine is at >3K RPM is "worth it" and "clever"? Heh. You're probably biased.

...it takes my ass from a dead stop to 25 without
peddling.
Like you, pedals are just a convenient back-up system to me, and it pedals just fine with the engine off.

Almen just wants pedals to be a usable part of the power train is all, nothing wrong with that.
Heck a doped up Lance Armstrong can produce .1hp on a good day and that could be all you need on a steep hill.

The difference between a 49cc and 53cc HS engine is only .3hp and you can sure feel that so he has a point.

The things is, the 10G is just an improvement on the 4G and SBP jackshaft shift kit combo.
It accomplishes the same goal, has the same pedal ratio, and costs about the same.

The improvements were made to "get 'er done" easier and to maintain it once it's built.
Once the engine and base are mounted, YOU NEVER HAVE TO MOVE THEM!

For a SBP/4G combo:
To tighten a left side chain you have to move the whole engine forward.
To tighten the right side you have to move the whole engine base mount up!

You have to do this a couple of times in the build and testing part and the worst part of jackshafting with any of the 50+ shifters I have built.

Chains get loose with use.
One less is better.

Sure there are tensioners, the 10G has one for the right side for it's short chain, but you can't do that with any SBP kit until you get everything worn in enough to be past the initial new chain/sprocket combo which is a real pain in the butt be it a 2-stroke or 4-stroke build.

So Almen, no this system does not fit your pedal needs.
It does however have it's merits for those that want gears over pedaling does it not?

Back