It's best to CALL station-inc.

tinman

Local time
12:58 PM
If you need info on anything they sell it is better to call on the phone, Station-inc does not seem to answer emails. over the last month I have sent numerous emails requesting some info, which Dave told me to do on the phone< and still recieved no reply. I have also seen others make comment of this in other posts.

Staton_inc sells on ebay under motorizedfunproducts and the same is true there. His rating has dropped to 95 on the feedback rating with 2 complaints today on lack of comunication.

I find it hard to believe that I have to beg someone for a simply reply so I can make the decision on which kit I need. Being that what I am ordering is over $700 I don't think thats to much to ask.

I guess I will go with the cheaper kit he offers since I have the info I need on that one. I'll call my order in since he does answer the phone. Or Hmmmmmm.......Maybee I'll just buy a different style kit from a dealer who wants to make a sale.

Anybody deal with cyclehappy.com? He is a distributot for staton and even uses all the same pics on his site and more. I have sent him a few emails and he responds within a day. Seems his prices are the same or close. I think I may order from him because the good customer service is worth it to me.

I read a lot of stories about long waits and poor communication, so I was prepared for the worst having dealt with this before....and the story was the same - "it's worth it to wait for quality". And guess what? It's true. Here's the questions I ask of myself:

Was the communication from Staton ****-poor? Yep.

Did it surprise me? Nope.

Would I order from someone else who had better customer service and an equally quality product? Yep.

Is there anyone who offers and equally good product that has great customer service or faster ship times? Nope.

Did my kit come within 10 days of placing my order? Yep.

Would I buy from Staton again? Absolutely.

Warner

I oedered my kit july7, was promised delivery in ten days, nothing, had to call staton, he gave me a tracking #, still wasn't shipped 4 days later, another call to staton, he reshipped that afternoon, next day finally on ups's tracking system, bottom line 3 weeks toreceive kit. On a previous order 1 mo. before I had to call back to get ball rolling. I guess with staton the squeeky wheel gets the grease. But I agree, It.s worth the wait for top quality product. BTW I believe you ordered on the same day,you lucked out!

I oedered my kit july7, was promised delivery in ten days, nothing, had to call staton, he gave me a tracking #, still wasn't shipped 4 days later, another call to staton, he reshipped that afternoon, next day finally on ups's tracking system, bottom line 3 weeks toreceive kit. On a previous order 1 mo. before I had to call back to get ball rolling. I guess with staton the squeeky wheel gets the grease. But I agree, It.s worth the wait for top quality product. BTW I believe you ordered on the same day,you lucked out!

Or maybe he just had my stuff in stock? I just received the tach/hour meter and installed it tonight. Pretty cool thing! Mine seems like it idles at about 2600 rpm's. It's dark out so I couldn't see what it tops out at or around (rpm wise)...but will check that tomorrow.

Warner

How long to wait before calling about a tracking #?

So, how long should I wait before calling to see if he's started thinking about shipping the order I placed on his website?
It will be a week tomorrow and no tracking number yet. I also have not bugged him about it.

I can hardly wait to get it. I just ordered the gearbox and a bunch of small random things. I decided to go with the GP460 engine from DDM instead of the honda or mitsu. and I decided to make my own rackmount.

I before ordering anything, I had sent Staton a very nice email asking him to help me put together a rackmount kit minus the engine; and he sent me an extremely rude and totally unhelpful email as a reply 3 days later. I almost sent one back to him like WTF? I am asking for help, not a kidney! but decided not to. and like everyone else, I want quality, so I decided to endure the BS and say Motha Eff your generic kit, I will make a custom bespoke rack!

So, anyone have an opinion about how long to wait after ordering and before receiving a tracking number, to call him?

well first thing is to see if you bank account got charged yet. Staton bills right away even if your order wont be ready for weeks. I ordered mine by phone almost 2 weeks ago and it was billed to my CC that day. I was however told there would be a 2 week wait before shipping because a few special brackets i needed had to be made. Guess I'll know its on its way when i get an tracking number email.

I've called 3-5 times on the whole, and only not reached him once.

The customer service is lacking, and I'm sure that they are very busy...

Honestly, I'd say call every other day if you feel it is warranted. I haven't been shy about calling. It's better than waiting for an returned email that may not show up.

The product does appear to be very nice.
I'm having issues with my engine at the moment, so he had me ship it back to them. I'm not sure what his plans are, but that is the direction I'm headed right now.

Everyone tells me that it will be worth-while once the kinks are worked out, and I'm inclined to believe them.

Yep, That's exactly what I meant. And bearings too. I had one go out after about 300 miles. Squealed like a pig! Maybe due to getting caught in a rain. Maybe not. Others have posted similar...~500 miles. That leaves only the mouting setup as the Staton part of the equation. That part is good and solid.
Seems like a GOOD business person would want to use quality parts and handle their customers better than what I experienced. I guess Ol' Dave is a better builder than a businessman.
Again, my opinions only.
WC

I wonder if I should order some extra bearings ??

and that is stressful
because they only answer 1 out of 5 or 6 e-mails sent
and when I reply to e-mail - they don't get back to me

have been trying to order a few things from them
for a few of weeks now

I misplaced their ph no

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

Bearings can be purchased locally using the bearing number listed on the bearing seal.

Back