Jetting a 21mm pwk carb at 164ft above sea level?

Very informative! Glad I didn't do any porting to the cylinder...yet. By reading your post I see I need to go probably a size or two bigger on pilot and main. What is your setup? So far I run pretty well until I get up into the near 40's then the 4stroking starts. Especially wot. I've read the main jet doesn't come into play until wot. If that's the case my pilot needs to be around the size of my main jet (idk anything about jetting) and my main jet probably needs to go back to stock 105. If I made any sense lol
Some port work may be necessary to get that extra bit your looking for,adding some width to the exh and int will help greatly and match up better with a 21mm carb so that it flows with the proper jet range and is easier to tune.My setup is a straight piston port with 23mm ports and 24mm carb, 40 pilot and 110-112 main and a 40 power jet with the pumping efficiency used to it's fullest,this is also coupled to a tuned pipe.Your 95 main if four stroking at or just before wot is probably due to the port volume/size so yes it should be smaller for now to suit that.In most cases when guys have a big carb their ports are also opened up for it and why I said a 95 is small then for a 21mm carb especially with a reed.

Back