Just for record on third intake w/reed

I was talking about a few areas it seems on the front half of the interior of jug. The chips aren't bad, but do look like they are multiplying? Everything has been running out very smooth with very clean riding conditions. Sense I have put engine on bike (now at 800 miles) it appears to be multipling? Once again, bike has always run on richer side, or just darker brown.

Uno, it appears that it really started coming on after I replaced ring set. The ring went in well, and travel smoothly with good compression. Bottom line is, I just wonder if I'm trying to find issues, or if this is somewhat typical?

I wouldnt worry about it till it starts to affect performance.
I think the stock rings are part of the problem. They have a large contact area and are fairly stiff which means they put more pressure on the cylinder. I tried my 60cc race engine with just the top ring on and it ran the same all thru the rev range. If this is on your 48cc you can use a $30 Honda piston which I link to from my site. Not sure what good motorcycle piston would work on the 66cc.

I was thinking that maybe the reason there are a few places on jug, is because I really didn't do anything (as far as nursing new rings) on the rings I put on. In other words, I continued to just run RPM's as normal use!

Jag, wonder if that could of maybe helped put even more pressure on the original cylinder? Like I said before, there isn't really any very big chipped places, just surpized to see any at all.

Anyway, now with work I've done, Puch head & reed are performaning together. Obviously Jag CDI/and the southern torque expansion creation also!~ I'll check again for any leaks, but it's very buttoned up tight. I'm going to get the stinger to work at 4.5" long,11/32 or 9mm diameter....................

good talking to ya

Glen

Well, the problem is I don't have tac? Anyway, I've got a pipe 4 1/2" long, and about 14mm diameter that I could put on the end of that rubber hose coming off the end.

an engine doing 6000rpm is 100Hz.

the "G" two octaves below mid C is 98Hz.

so when youre motor is tuned to "G" its doing 5880 rpm :) and tuned to "A", 6600 rpm.

yes, i use a guitar tuner as a tacho... or i would if i didnt have perfect pitch... :giggle:

as for the chrome plating on the cylinder. ive noticed pinholes in just about every cylinder, even when new. only real permanent cures is to insert a cast iron sleeve but whos gunna make it and install it? or to get it rechromed by a professional, in which case....get fifty done and sell them :)

Back