K2 Proflex 2000

Well, I yanked the motor off my Trek and mounted it on this K2. Full suspension Rocks! I need to put some additional stabilizers on it before I get really wild off road with it. But the ride is smooth.

100_0085_1.jpg

101_0161_1.jpg

101_0233_1.jpg

Still a bit of work to do on the bike.

I just took it for a ride. When you look down along the headset, the front axle does seem to be right in line with the headset.

Amazing build, looks really really fun. Anyway you can post a pic of the rear suspension compressed?

Sorry, I can't think of how I'd do that. I have the suspension set as light as it goes, and I barely get the springs to flex.

How well does the friction drive work offroad? I figured that a bunch of dirt, etc. would make it slip? Or is water the main enemy of the friction drive? You like the Mitsubishi 2 stroke?
Can I ask what sold you on that particular motor?
Thanks.

Dirt doesn't have any adverse effect on the drive. It might increase the wear on the roller. The Mitsu is a good motor. It's never let me down. I bought it because, at the time at least, it was the most powerful under 50cc that Staton was selling. At least that's my memory of my reasoning. I've got well over 1,000 miles on it, and I've had to change the spark plug once, and I cleaned the screen in the exhaust once. I have to pull the cord 4 or 5 times to start her when she's cold, not too bad. Very reliable.

Back