Kent Bayside

Hunter

Local time
3:44 AM
Hello, fairly newish to the motorized bicycles, I have a bike berry 38cc friction drive but now I want a phantom 85 with the Kent bayside do I need any special mounting brackets or adapters?

As an owner of a Phantom powered bike I would highly suggest if you want to do that motor to upgrade to disc brakes. Just my personal opinion. Definitely do not use a coaster brake, and rim brakes... I personally wouldn't trust. At a bare minimum I would do front disc and rear rim.

The Phantom 85 is no joke. It is nothing like the standard cheap 2 strokes on the market. It has a ton more power and is capable of destroying you and cheap components with nary a second thought. It isn't just the horsepower, but the amount of torque it makes at lower rpms. It gets up to speed fairly quickly and will put your brakes to the test in short order.

That said, it mounts the same as any 2 stroke engine kit. Depends on the bike as to what you need. Maybe look for owners with Baysides to see how they mount their engines.

I totally concur with @ImpulseRocket on this as I am also a Phantom 85 owner as well...I had over engineered my bike when it still had the Zeda 80 and extremely glad I did as the Phantom is capable of tearing apart a basic stock Kent Bayside or even a stock Huffy beach cruiser for that matter.

I built mine using the much stronger built Hyper beach cruiser and basically chucked out things like the basic wheels, tires and tubes and seat to the neighbourhood kids for their regular pedal bikes...I only use the frame, handlebars, front fork which is twice as thick as most you will see on most bikes.

Below is the "tutorial" of what I used to build my bike and where to get everything you would need to build a good strong platform to use with a much more powerful motor like the Phantom 85, followed by pics of my bike as the end result.

If you try doing this on the cheap, you WILL be very disappointed with all the stock bicycle parts breakdowns that others have experienced in doing so.

Ps...The Kent Bayside bike costs 100 dollars more, but it is not as beefy or as well welded as the Hyper...I compared both side by side and chose the Hyper frame as the hands down winner...Especially the front fork and rear dropouts.

DSCN0229.JPG

DSCN0228.JPG

DSCN0230.JPG

I totally concur with @ImpulseRocket on this as I am also a Phantom 85 owner as well...I had over engineered my bike when it still had the Zeda 80 and extremely glad I did as the Phantom is capable of tearing apart a basic stock Kent Bayside or even a stock Huffy beach cruiser for that matter.

I built mine using the much stronger built Hyper beach cruiser and basically chucked out things like the basic wheels, tires and tubes and seat to the neighbourhood kids for their regular pedal bikes...I only use the frame, handlebars, front fork which is twice as thick as most you will see on most bikes.

Below is the "tutorial" of what I used to build my bike and where to get everything you would need to build a good strong platform to use with a much more powerful motor like the Phantom 85, followed by pics of my bike as the end result.

If you try doing this on the cheap, you WILL be very disappointed with all the stock bicycle parts breakdowns that others have experienced in doing so.

Ps...The Kent Bayside bike costs 100 dollars more, but it is not as beefy or as well welded as the Hyper...I compared both side by side and chose the Hyper frame as the hands down winner...Especially the front fork and rear dropouts.

View attachment 196101

View attachment 196102

View attachment 196103
Nice ride.

Hello, fairly newish to the motorized bicycles, I have a bike berry 38cc friction drive but now I want a phantom 85 with the Kent bayside do I need any special mounting brackets or adapters?
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude but this is where punctuation is important. Are you talking about using a friction drive build on a Bayside or a P85 on a bayside?

View attachment 196101

View attachment 196102

View attachment 196103
Bike needs a polish and waxing if you ask me.

Back