long distance chinese-engine endurance?

Here's the best, IMHO-
I've had many different bikes, with many different saddles, and different engine types. The best one I found was the old hairpin style (used on the X-Country Whizzer) Here is an example:
166_saddle2_1.jpg

It is leather stretched over springs. There is no hard pan directly beneath your backside.
What I found is that once the leather stretches and forms to your personal "contours", this sort of craddled suspended seat is the BEST.
Like I said Just my Humble opinion...
Rif

uncle_punk13

I think that my butt is wider than that - do they made them wider also ?

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

I can usually ride my HappyTime for about 15 minutes before nuts and bolts start falling off. I keep finding new places to add locktight. I just broke a front motor mount stud off. I had been taking 2 or 3 mile trips around town all morning before it happened. My friend is trying to get it out of the engine now. I cant imagine trying to take this thing to work. I'd be afraid of something going wrong. Maybe someday.

they sure do run A LONG TIME

can anyone tell me how far & long my dax70 can be run non-stop during long distance riding :?

hi augie -- getting back to your original question

just one mountainmans opinion

I think that these small engines can run for
a very-very long time - with no stop

Iam basing this from observing many similar small engines used in the trades

as an equip tec (while working with water)
we all had small air cooled engines hooked up to very small water pumps
these little engines were very close to what we all are using here on MBs

in more than two cases I have seen these little pumps taken home
and used to pump out large swimming pools
now Iam wondering -- swimming pools have drains
why were these pumps used
Iam thinking that the drains for some reason - were not working
anyway -- these guys would run these pumps very hard for around a day
that's a heck of a work out for those little engines

then when I was an equip tec (working on small engines)
as hard as those operators were on engines - that didn't belong to them

I never saw one engine blow up
that had not been
OVER REVVED OR SHORTED ON OIL

so if treated right - I think these little engines will run for close to forever..

ride that MB thing

comfy seat

I have a converted Trek mountain with a Hua Sheng / Grubee set-up, and use a shock fork I got off an old Mongoose. See my pic on the picture forum. With semi-Stingray handlebars off an old Puch (JC Penney Pinto) it's quite comfy on the front end, but even with a big-*** Cloud 9 gel bicycle seat it's bumpy, so I took the seat off the Puch and use that as well. It's got about 3" of padding plus a major spring, and has completely done away the issue of with vibrating my nether parts, but I still bottom out (ha ha) on bad pavement. I would go for a shock seat tube but it's an old bike with smaller-than-current-standard frame tubing, and my two shock posts from my pile o' bike parts are both too big. But if I had such a post I'm sure I could ride it all day.

I bet if you go to a used motorcycle shop they would have something cushy.

what I hopfully will do on the week before christmas, if anyone from australia knows is go from northgate brisbane (near brisbane airport) to ballina about 20km's after Byron Bay would be a great trip get some saddle bags to carry some essentuals in i.e. tool kit just incase mobile phone food drink and mabey some lquid steel just incase anything breaks. will probly spen the nex couple of weeks getting ready for the ride. oh ye the ride is about 200km's one way or about 125 miles

Back