Looking for a motorcycle-type headlight for my Cruiser

Looks fancy. Is your old one an LED light? If not it might not be plug n play.

Thanks for the suggestion. I love Magicycle products in general, but I'm looking for a larger moped/motorcycle style headlight. Maybe Magicycle Inc. could consider adding that type of light to the available accessories :)

I use the Premium Headlight from Rad Power Bikes.
It's big and throw's more light It a wide beam and covers the whole street lane far down the road
The Headlight has also gotta be mounted where the light won't get caught in the cables and wires when ya turn the handlebars
View attachment 185053
Thanks for the great pics, and that light is going on my short list :)

Motorcycle LED projector headlight.. it's 12v.. high and low beam.. I'm pretty sure that'll light the road.
Whoa -- no kidding -- seems like that would definitely light up the road. I'm wondering if I have the skills to adapt it to my Magicycle, and if it would be a big drain on my battery. The specs on my bike are here: https://is.gd/cruiser

Whoa -- no kidding -- seems like that would definitely light up the road. I'm wondering if I have the skills to adapt it to my Magicycle, and if it would be a big drain on my battery. The specs on my bike are here: https://is.gd/cruiser
I was wondering about that, ya might want to do some research in the E bike forums about 52v to 12v lights
I hear guys talk about a step down transformer 52v to 12v

Unless your LED headlight is rated for 12v to 80v then it's just plug and play

I was wondering about that, ya might want to do some research in the E bike forums about 52v to 12v lights
I hear guys talk about a step down transformer 52v to 12v

Unless your LED headlight is rated for 12v to 80v then it's just plug and play
O.K., good point, and thanks for the tip.

stepdown converter would be the way to go. im running a rectangle led headlight from basically an older chevy or jeep. ive got it powered by a 14.8v 1500mah lipo pack for a drone i think.. it holds up pretty good tho. full charge is 16.8 but i cut it off around 16.4 and i can run my high beam for around hour and a half. add in my tailight with brake light, i get 1hr 20min or so. e-bike brake lever with brake switch.. thats how i have a brake light. lol. if you put a diode in between the high and low beam power youll be able to use both high and low beam along with the tailight all sharing the same power wire. the diode basically blocks the power going back to the lowbeam side and forcing it to be on highbeam. it took mea little bit to figure it out but it works great, and i can see and be seen.. you dont know how many times i get oncoming traffic doin the double flick with their lights, till i hit my highbeam and blind them from a bicycle :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

stepdown converter would be the way to go. im running a rectangle led headlight from basically an older chevy or jeep. ive got it powered by a 14.8v 1500mah lipo pack for a drone i think.. it holds up pretty good tho. full charge is 16.8 but i cut it off around 16.4 and i can run my high beam for around hour and a half. add in my tailight with brake light, i get 1hr 20min or so. e-bike brake lever with brake switch.. thats how i have a brake light. lol. if you put a diode in between the high and low beam power youll be able to use both high and low beam along with the tailight all sharing the same power wire. the diode basically blocks the power going back to the lowbeam side and forcing it to be on highbeam. it took mea little bit to figure it out but it works great, and i can see and be seen.. you dont know how many times i get oncoming traffic doin the double flick with their lights, till i hit my highbeam and blind them from a bicycle :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's awesome! My Magicycle Cruiser has an integrated taillight/brake light that I really like, but I do prefer a larger brighter headlight. I'm trying to imagine how your automotive headlight looks on a bike...bright, for sure, and it's nice to have a high beam available. I will check out the stepdown convertors. Ideally, I want to use the 52V integrated battery to power whatever headlight I get, so I need to check into adapting the wiring.

This one on my bike mounts where the front caliper would go on the forks if you have those.

If you scroll down you can see it on some bikes. I have ridden my bike mainly at night since I got it for myself for Christmas. I'll take a photo tomorrow night and post it.

Thanks, Freddy -- I'll enjoy seeing the photo. From what I can see on their website, it looks like the same pin connection as on my bike. Can you tell me the approximate dimensions...that seems to be missing on the webpage.

Back